To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Motor Transport Operator (Reserve Prior Service)
United States Army • Sacramento, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Your service obligation has been completed and you are now in the process of transitioning to your new role in civilian life. Now you are ready to take that next big step, you begin to realize that you miss the camaraderie, the sense of purpose and the community that’s been established during your military service.
If this sounds like it might be the case, the Army Reserve may just be right for you. The Army Reserve provides an excellent opportunity to make the most of what both worlds have to offer. It’s a great way to be a part of your community as you build your skill set, and as an Army Reserve Soldier, you are entitled to many of the same benefits as an active Army Soldier.
MOTOR TRANSPORT OPERATOR
As a Motor Transport Operator, you will be the backbone of the Army’s support and sustainment structure, providing advanced mobility on and off the battlefield. You will responsible for supervising or operating wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of Army or Joint-service operations
- Secure cargo against inclement weather, pilferage, and damage
- Employ both mounted and dismounted land navigation techniques
- Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air, rail, or vessel
- Utilize convoy defense techniques
- 7 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including classroom and simulation training but over 200 training hours are spent in actual vehicles and field training environments
Prior service personnel entering the Army Reserve are not required to attend Basic Combat Training, regardless of the break in service.
Similar to when you were on Active Duty, the Army Reserve makes sure you and your family are taken care of:
- Preparing you for your civilian career in practically any position you’re interested in pursuing, and help you earn certification and licensures for jobs.
- If you want to go to college, the Army Reserve will help you pay for it, or it can help pay off your loans.
- Low-cost health and life insurance from one of the biggest health care networks in the world.
- Army Reserve Soldiers earn regular paychecks for Unit Training and Field Training Exercises with wages increasing as you climb in rank and experience.
You may also be eligible for:
- Enlistment bonuses totaling up to $20,000
- Up to $24,732 for college
- Up to $50,000 to repay qualifying student loans
- Up to $4,500 a year in tuition assistance while serving
- Enlistment in the Army Reserve
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Healthy and in good physical condition
- In good moral standing
- High school or Equivalent Education
- Apply now to enhance your life and stand out in your community.
(related keywords: Automotive, Motor Vehicles, Parts, Transportation, Distribution, Supply Chain, Shipping, Full-time, Full time)