US Director of Sales
To ensure the US market generates maximum profitable sales through the development and execution of an annual sales plan in coordination with all Company brands and production sites. The entire plan should enable the business to meet or exceed our Strategic Plan's expansion and financial targets maximizing organic growth and new business initiatives.
The successful candidate will work closely with our product managers to ensure the US sales staff leverages their technical knowledge of product lines, established distribution channels, independent representatives and our direct sale customer base accounts.
Sales of manufactured grain handling and feed products throughout the US market
Senior Director of Sales
The US Director of Sales will be given sufficient authority to enable successful performance of the entire US sales team serving our client base from throughout their designated territories.
This role will actively keep Site Leaders informed regarding sales and marketing plans by
product category, the progress on sales, and any changes required to hit sales budgets.
The incumbent will be expected to recommend changes to programs that will improve service and delivery of all products, terms and conditions for distribution channels.
Champion the execution of our market plans for all the product lines under their direction, and ensure implementation of these plans in coordination with our Product Managers.
Direct involvement assisting our leadership with the analysis of new product development and acquisition opportunities.
Control expenses within our approved budget
Recommend and monitor acceptable levels of exposure on individual accounts.
Actively engage key accounts to maintain and improve business relationships
1. Provide leadership and supervision to direct reports
2. Develop and direct the business and site sales plans
3. Achieve sales goals by product category and territory as set in annual budget
4. Maintain positive and productive relationships with independent representatives, distributors and dealers
5. Work closely with Product Managers to coordinate individual product line needs and ensure the implementation of their sales/marketing plans by product
6. Monitor accounts and assist with collections
7. Oversee field service and warranty requests
8. Manage farm shows in conjunction with Product Management teams and Marketing
9. Evaluate sales effectiveness of team and implement improvements
10. Gather competitive intelligence for strategic analysis and process improvement opportunities
11. Other duties as assigned
Accountability and Performance Measurements:
1. Variance to budget (Sales forecast, Gross Margin, EBITDA, SG&A)
2. Implementation and coordination of Product line business plan
3. Effectiveness as a leader, communicator, mentor, and team player
4. Bad debts/uncollectables
5. Accuracy of price lists, programs, quotations
6. Effective utilization of field inventory and supply chain optimization
7. Level of customer satisfaction
Desired Candidate Competencies:
1. Demonstrated success in an Executive Sales/Marketing Management role(s)
2. Manufacturing background with exposure to production of agricultural equipment
3. Lean manufacturing and process improvement know how and experience
4. Industrial sales and trade show expertise
5. Employee development and retention skill sets
6. Independent self-starter with ability to manage territory and staff from in Home Office
7. Capable of travel to customers, trade shows, company sites with Company vehicle