Butler America Telecom is actively seeking 70 Copper I&R Technicians for MI, WA, OH and WI area. This is for a 6-9 month project, possibly longer depending on need. Direct hire... paid weekly . Must have truck and tools.
***Must be local to the U.S. Able to work legally in the U.S. without sponsorship.****
• Install service to customers’ homes or business firms. Discusses POTS and ADSL service needs with customers and makes recommendations as appropriate. Instructs customer on the use of all equipment associated with the services.
• Sets up, reads, and interprets test equipment such as 3M INS970, measuring devices and meters. Analyzes and clears trouble in telephone equipment and lines.
• Analyzes customer trouble report information. Troubleshoots and repairs network facility equipment, including copper pairs, fiber, splice points, electronic and digital pair gain systems and DSL broadband network equipment. Scope of troubleshooting and repair is from the Central Office MDF to the customer premise.
• Installs lines for data and other forms of communications, e.g. CAT 3, CAT 5, COAX, and Wi-Fi equipment.
• Installs, rearranges, reconnects, disconnects, and removes POTS and ADSL services, wiring (coaxial, twisted pair, CAT 5e, and CAT 3)
• Operates vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
• Ability to work in confined areas.
• Ability to climb poles/ladders safely.
• Ability to lift, carry, set-up, and take down ladders.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must successfully complete a criminal and drug background check.
• Truck and Tools
- Provisioning and maintaining outside plant facilities including aerial and underground buried copper and Fiber services.
- Installing, diagnosing and maintaining telecommunications services including associated components such as Voice (POTS / VOIP), High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) and IPTV.
- Involves customer contact including progress reports, discussing issues coming up with creative solutions to overcome obstacles and applicable charges.
- Performing wiring, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair support for Residential services including, Voice, HSI, and IPTV.
- Other duties as assigned.