JT4 is seeking RF Engineers for our Salt Lake City, UT, Tonopah, NV and Las Vegas, NV locations.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
This position requires the following abilities which are usually performed within a lab but also in the field:
- Troubleshoot all types of radar and RF component and system level issues.
- Maintain, overhaul, and modify radar and RF system components and associated equipment.
- Design radar and microwave transmitting and receiving systems from stringent requirements.
- Research and select high power radar components based upon specified requirements.
- Write requirements documents, theories of operation, operations manuals, etc.
- Conduct individual radar and RF component tests and system level testing in a lab and on installed systems to verify vendor specification compliance and system performance.
- Prototype systems to determine design feasibility.
- Integrate COTS and specially designed radar hardware into a large scale system.
- Apply sound system engineering principles.
- Proficiency with HFSS, TICRA/GRASP, and/or other tools is desired.
RF Engineer IV
- Direct Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) systems to include communications systems, navigation systems, and radiolocation systems.
- Direct experience with electromagnetic wave propagation theory and modeling to include knowledge of spreading loss, reflection, refraction, diffraction, absorption, and scattering.
- RF circuit design experience required. Experience with both active and passive components. Knowledge of RF amplifiers, modulators, mixers, filters, and detectors as utilized in radio transmitters and receivers.
- Knowledge of antenna characteristics and design. Knowledge of TEM and TE transmission lines. Familiarity with directional couplers, circulators, and similar waveguide components.
- Knowledge of microwave tube implementation to include Magnetrons, Klystrons, and Traveling Wave Tubes
RF Field Engineer
- Research, plan and support the design of system upgrades that range from high power RF transmit and receive to assisting in remote site communication nodes. Upgrades to include consideration of frequency management / interference.
- Performs signal analysis that includes the review of measurement parameters and characteristics as they relate to threat representative signals. Reviews will be summarized in a report that provide supporting rationale for good or bad signal representation.
- Research and document system level open-loop emitter and closed-loop radar requirements for range integration to include power, communication, instrumentation and command & control.
- Validate existing power, communications, instrumentation and command and control (C2) range interface control documents (ICDs) and provide feedback to software/hardware engineers.
- Assist in documenting range modernization needs and generate cost estimates to upgrade the ranges to meet training needs.
- Author technical studies/reports that analyze, validate, and recommend solutions or course of actions. Utilizes radar principles, propagation formulas, and signal processing knowledge to support outcomes