Ever considered living in the greater San Francisco Bay area? Where the summer high temperatures typically top out at 85 degrees and the winter lows rarely drop below 65 degrees? Where a day at the beach, a day on the ski slopes, a hike through Yosemite, and a drive through the Napa vineyards are all within a couple of hours reach? Then look no further! Alliance HealthCare Radiology, a division of Alliance HealthCare Services has immediate openings for full-time MRI Technologists at our sites in the greater San Francisco and Sacramento, CA areas - specific locations to include the cities of San Francisco, San Bruno, Walnut Creek, Antioch, Martinez, San Jose, San Rafael, Sacramento, Elk Grove, and Modesto.
At Alliance Radiology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Alliance Radiology has rapidly grown over the past 30 years by providing radiology service line solutions, outpatient center management services and mobile radiology solutions (interim, short and long term MRI, PET/CT, CT).
When you become a part of the Alliance team, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that supports and complements your life. Our selection of benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance + Relocation Assistance!
- Life, AD&D and disability insurance
- 401K savings plan with a match
- Holiday, vacation and float paid time off
- Education assistance
- A variety of work schedules to fit your personal situation
As an MRI Technologist, you are responsible for patient safety and the performance of high quality MR studies. Insures effective communication with customers, including radiologists as necessary. In some instances, trains new technologists and/or Patient Coordinators.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Patient Safety, including pre-screening for contra-indications, aseptic injection technique, etc.
- Producing high quality diagnostic images
- Orders supplies, cleans unit, assist in preparing for transport on a daily basis.
- Effectively communicates with customers and/or radiologists.
- Trains new technologist and/or PC's.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- CPR certification - BLS CPR Certification through the American Heart Association only
- ARRT (R) required, ARRT(MR) preferred
- Venipuncture Certification required (at time of hire).
- As applicable, valid state driver’s license.
- State license as required.
- A minimum of 1 year of MR experience in high volume environments preferred.
- Technical proficiency operating GE 1.5T or other designated vendor scanning equipment.
- Proficiency running advanced MR studies independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Previous experience managing customer interactions independently and resolving problems to mutual satisfaction.
- Demonstrated patient care skills with ability to explain complex medical terms and procedures in a manner that is easily understood by a non-medical audience.
- Local travel may be required.
- The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions during transport of patients if working on a mobile unit. The employee will be exposed to a strong magnetic field. May be exposed to blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
- More than 50% of the time:
- Sit, stand, walk.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- See, speak and hear to be able to communicate with patients.
- Less than 50% of the time:
- Stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Climb and balance.
- Carry and lift (ability to move non-ambulatory patients from a sitting or lying position for transfer or to exam).
For details and to apply, please visit the Alliance website at URL blocked - click to apply.
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services (NASDAQ: AIQ), we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.