To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Confidential • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures
- Obeys all traffic laws
- Operates vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for multi-passenger and single passenger vehicles.
- Keeps vehicle clean.
- Adheres to schedule and drives assigned routes.
- Checks bus before and after each operation for mechanical defects and completes pre and post-trip checklist.
- Transports only authorized residents.
- Maintains order on vehicle at all times.
- Reports all accidents to appropriate personnel immediately and completes required forms
- Supervises residents while loading, unloading, and waiting.
- Renders first aid, as appropriate, until emergency medical personnel arrive.
- Notifies the supervisor of any mechanical failure.
- Delivers vehicles to auto shop for repairs and inspections.
- Discharges residents only at authorized stops.
- Loads and unloads baggage, packages, and other items.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any route changes due to road conditions, number of residents transported, and other appropriate information.
- Attends all in-services training and pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents.
- Performs all duties in adherence to company's standards.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the company
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements For Driver
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Depth Perception - The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Reaction Time - The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Multi-limb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Response Orientation - The ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more different signals (lights, sounds, pictures). It includes the speed with which the correct response is started with the hand, foot, or other body part.
Experience and Education::
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; CDL a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the State employed
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must possess a valid First Aid certification
- No major accidents last 3 years.
- No moving violations last 3 years.
Standing (1/3-2/3), walking (1/3-2/3), sitting (over 2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (1/3-2/3), stoop, kneel, crawl (1/2-2/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell over 2/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (1/3-2/3), Up to 25 pounds (over 2/3); Up to 50 pounds (over 2/3); up to 100 pounds (under 1/3); more than 100 pounds (under 1/3)