To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
- Amanda Hay
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patriot Fire Control Enhanced Operator / Maintainer
United States Army • Roanoke, VA
Posted 25 days ago
The U.S. Army, a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, is made up of the best-trained, most dedicated, most respected Soldiers in the world — protecting America’s freedoms at home and abroad, securing our homeland, and defending democracy worldwide. A Soldier in the U.S. Army is the embodiment of physical strength, emotional strength and strength of purpose. As a Soldier, you will be prepared to serve our country whenever and wherever you are needed, combat-ready at all times, trained to counter any threat, anywhere.
PATRIOT FIRE CONTROL ENHANCED OPERATOR/MAINTAINER
A PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator is an important part of the Army's air defense artillery team. The PATRIOT missile system teams are used to launch advanced-technology ammunition capable of neutralizing multiple air targets. The PATRIOT missile system consists of a control station, power plant, communication relay group and up to eight launching stations. Some of your duties as a PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator Maintainer may include:
• Responsible for placement of the PATRIOT system in the field
• Perform real-time status reporting during combat
• Operate specific PATRIOT coordinate and target identification systems
• Perform maintenance on coordinate, communication and target identification systems
• Evaluate target data and identifies and engages targets
• Perform operation and intelligence duties
• Establish radio and wire communications in the field
The skills you will learn as a PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator such as teamwork, discipline and leadership, will help you in any civilian career you choose.
PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operators constantly lift heavy objects and perform strenuous activity for long periods without rest. Being in top physical and mental shape is definitely a plus in this job. Normal color vision is required in order to read color-coded ammunition, maps, and charts.
It also helps if you have an interest in missile and rocket operations, an ability to take on challenges and remain calm under stress, an interest in plotting and reading maps, an ability to work as a team member, and are in top physical and mental shape.
Job training for a PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator requires nine weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills, followed by 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions. Some of the skills you will learn are:
• Operating technologies specific to the PATRIOT system
• Methods of calculating targets electronically and manually
• Operating missile and rocket systems specific to the PATRIOT
• Artillery tactics and battle strategy
As an active duty Soldier, you’ll be eligible for:
• Up to $4,500 a year in tuition assistance, while on active duty
• Up to $85,536 for college
• Up to $65,000 to pay back qualifying student loans
• Up to $40,000 enlistment bonus
• Medical and dental care
• 30 days of vacation with pay earned each year
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
• 17–34 years old
• Healthy and in good physical condition
• In good moral standing
• High School or equivalent education
• Normal color vision