Automotive General Manager
Southeastern New Mexico
The General Manager ensures the profitability of the entire dealership by selling vehicles, controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction. Duties may include planning, motivating and coordinating the dealership's management through leadership and solid business practices.
Become a member of our winning automotive team! Apply today!
- Hiring all management positions, completing performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department manager (includes administrative, sales, parts, collision and service departments).
- Planning and developing short and long-term goals and objectives annually, and submitting time projections to corporate management for approval.
- Effectively communicating with the comptroller/office manager on a weekly basis to review departmental forecasts and ensure consistency with annual projections.
- Paying close attention to daily operations, recommending and creating improved courses of action where necessary.
- Explaining the policies and procedures of the dealership to all employees and following up with employees to ensure that these issues are understood and followed.
- Overseeing the monthly financial statement to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the management/dealership owners.
- Coordinating with the business/administrative office to ensure that records and analyses are correctly maintained.
General Managers must possess strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees, vendors and corporate officials.
- Must have at least 3 years of successful automotive management experience
- Prior Automotive Management experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of all dealership aspects (Sales and Service)
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a “people person")
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
- Excellent verbal/written communication, strong negotiation and presentation skills
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback