To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
855 Howe Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825
- Lucy Wright
- Phone: 916-925-2300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pacific Staffing • Sacramento, CA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A rapidly growing healthcare organization is seeking referral coordinators to join their busy patient service department. The Referral Coordinator will be responsible for following up on patient referrals and scheduling appropriately.
The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of CA health insurances, specifically Medi-cal, have experience with using NextGen, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. This is a temporary to hire opportunity for an organization that has great benefits for the employee and their families.
Referral Coordinator Responsibilities:
· Coordinating care for incoming referrals for patients.
· Obtaining and updating patient demographics and insurance information.
· Updating and uploading information into EHR system.
· Collecting co-payment and balances.
· Obtaining prior authorizations for office visits/procedures.
· Calling incoming referrals in a timely manner to get patients schedule and sending out outgoing referrals.
· Answering patient questions.
Referral Coordinator Requirements:
· 2+ years’ prior experience working in a medical front office setting or referral coordinator role.
· 2+ years of working knowledge of healthcare insurances (preferably HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, and Medicaid.)
· Experience with processing incoming and outgoing referrals.
· Proficient with MS Office and working with various database systems.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong multi-tasking ability.
· Ability to use good judgement and pass on boarding requirements (drug and background screening.)
· Ability to empathize with patients of various ages and backgrounds.