To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Charinha Isbell
- Phone: 312-517-7993
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse – Telemetry RN ($5000 Sign-On and Relocation Assistance)
Lafayette General • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Lafayette General Health facility in Lafayette, LA needs your nursing skills! We currently have multiple RN Telemetry positions open.
$5000 Sign-On bonus (Nurses with more than two years of experience)
Relocation Assistance offered (applicants more than 50 miles away)
Comprehensive benefits package includes: Paid Time Off and Holidays, Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life and Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, Credit Union, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
SUMMARY: The registered nurse provides nursing care according to the physician’s orders and in conformance with the ANA Standards of Practice and Care, ANA Code of Ethics, unit specific standards, patient care policies and procedures, unit specific policies and procedures, and the Louisiana Nurse Practice Act. The RN is responsible and accountable for individual, autonomous nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks and nursing activities in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
The nurse may be placed in the charge nurse role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Registered Nurse will perform a comprehensive nursing assessment, develop and implement a patient treatment plan consistent with the objectives of the multi-disciplinary treatment plan
- The patient and family members will be included in the patient care planning and setting of discharge objective
- Implements nursing care through services such as case management, health instructions, health counseling, and providing care supportive to restorative of life and well being
- In executing the health care regimens as prescribed by licensed physicians, dentist, or other authorized prescriber, the RN performs a comprehensive nursing assessment of a individual patient consistent with established standards of care, identifies health care needs, establishes appropriate nursing diagnosis, establishes goal to meet the identified health care need, plans nursing care measures, documents appropriately, interprets data accurately in relation to patient care consideration, sets priorities, communicates with all members of the health care team, delegates nursing interventions to qualified personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing criteria
- The RN collaborates with physicians, dentists, and other health care providers in the management of the patient’s care and evaluates the human responses to all interventions
- Provides individualized health education to the patient and family members from admission through discharge using any appropriate methods/resources necessary to meet the education goals, prepares the patient for diagnostic or surgical procedures, implements holistic therapeutic measures to promote healing and wellness
- Communicates effectively with all age groups, which pertains to the patient population served
- Demonstrates competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, administers treatments as per standards, interprets normal parameters of diagnostic data, reports abnormalities of diagnostic data in a timely manner, administers blood and blood components as per standards, and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to the age-specific needs
- Documents accurately and completely in the EMR and other forms as per established standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains current licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR Certification
- Advanced certification preferred if appropriate for area of clinical practice
- Must comply with all Standards of Behavior
- Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and mandatory training as identified by LGMC.
- Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas