To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chemical Process Engineer
Materion Corporation • US-Nationwide
Posted 2 months ago
Chemical Process Engineers
Immediate opportunities for Chemical Process Engineers with Materion in Lincoln, RI; Milwaukee, WI and Elmore, OH!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain an in-depth technical knowledge of Processing Equipment.
- Organizing and leading equipment maintenance and equipment enhancement efforts.
- Respond quickly and decisively to machine break downs and product quality issues all shifts/all days.
- Lead project teams.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for processes.
- Develop process control systems to ensure consistent product quality.
- Oversee the manufacture of quality products.
- Meet with operators regularly for training and seek feedback.
- Develop and maintain process routings for products.
- Assess capability for new product inquiries and develop cost quotations.
- Assist customers and work with Sales, R&D and QA in the resolution of customer issues and complaints.
- Support the Lean Sigma program.
- Provide data analysis and statistical process control.
- Support the Safety Program including leading department safety teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide technical support for Primary Operations: Whiting Arc Furnace, Induction Melting and Casting (Old and New Cast Shops), and Furnace Rebuild.
- Initiate, lead, track, and report progress on projects to improve electrical arc furnace, melting and casting, yield and productivity. Lead project teams.
- Assist operations in developing operator proficiency in electric arc furnace operations, melting and casting, and other processing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Ceramic Engineering.
- Min 3 years of experience in chemical or manufactured chemical environment.
- Experience working in the production area.
- PSM knowledge, with direct experience or certification as a plus.
- Proven capability to uphold safe manufacturing practices and experience contributing to a safety culture.
- DCS/PLC experience.
- Project leadership experience for Continuous Improvement and corrective action teams.
- Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma experience/LEAN.
- 8D experience/Corrective Action experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective facilitation skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- Solid mechanical and controls aptitude.
- Ability to work well on teams with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Willingness to learn new skills, work habits and procedures.
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets and data analysis.
- Ability to initiate creative processing methods.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
Materion Corp. is a multinational company specializing in high-performance engineered materials. Among their products are precious and non-precious metals, inorganic chemicals, specialty coatings, beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium, beryllium copper alloys, ceramics and engineered clad and plated metal systems.