- Supports a diverse Construction and Maintenance team to achieve company objectives and is responsible for work readiness for construction activities associated with Grid Investment.
- Improve overall job costs, and timeliness through work planning, effective job execution, monitoring crew productivity, prerequisite management, reviewing work plans and job design, material and equipment management, and coordination of site and equipment delivery with other departments.
- Manages these aspects through effective collaboration of all stakeholders working at the designated location, as well as others that influence efficient operational excellence. This includes facilitating collaboration sessions with these various groups to review overall performance and trends with regard to KPIs.
- Possesses leadership skills that are effective with Craft employees and vendors to support construction activities that drives operational effectiveness of their assigned location(s).
- Responsible for supporting the execution of the work to meet program needs and works to resolve and mitigate customer satisfaction items for their respective work site(s).
- Support management of program commitment dates and requests to increase customer satisfaction. This may require working with Design Engineering on job package issues, working with Supply Chain on deliveries, or at times working directly with material vendors.
Responsibilities And Duties:
35% - Manages and pre-checks assigned requests to maximize crew productivity:
- Performs site readiness checks during the Planning phase of the work to ensure the site is ready for the crew to work when they arrive
- Constructability Review– verify work order can be worked as written prior to planning and scheduling
- Performs job documentation review and adjusts requirements as needed. Follows up with appropriate organization to support process improvement (locates, permits, ROW agreements, etc.).
- Reviews scheduled resources and recommends adjustments of crew compliments and assigned task duration as necessary.
- Works within the work management system (Maximo) to manage and adjust dependencies/requirements (e.g., locates, permits, ROW agreements, customer waivers) to ensure the crew has no roadblocks to starting the job.
30% - Schedule optimization and execution (Adjusts, assigns and executes work requests/work orders):
- With Resource Planners, assess ability of crews to accomplish the 4-week work plan and assist with resource adjustments as needed.
- Coordinate and act as primary contact for commission activities in the field. This may be completed by various positions based on jurisdiction. For example, DEP, I&C Techs perform this task.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to meet target finish dates (e.g. commissioning, UG installation, etc.).
- Participates in Planning & Scheduling meetings to capture and prioritize work orders.
- Arranges any special equipment and material needs.
- Coordinate scheduling return of inventory and equipment from job sites with Supply Chain Material Planners.
- Adjust estimated man-hours as appropriate to complete work requests and report information to all stakeholders.
- Works with Supply Chain Material Planners in understanding back ordered material from Distribution storerooms.
- Provide assistance for material (inventory and non-stock / direct issue) needing to be added to the Maximo work order number.
- Private Locates – there may be certain programs (For example, TUG) that may need private locates required to complete the work. May need to coordinate with private locate vendors.
- Help determine material laydown yard.
- Provide site readiness checks and verify material availability.
- Monitor progress of project and provide weekly updates to Resource Planners, Project Managers and other stakeholders as needed.
- Review / Update Maximo, SharePoint or other software systems as needed.
- Point of contact for Contractors to coordinate field changes, extra work authorizations, material request, etc. with Project Manager.
- Ensures crews have appropriate job specific information for each work request or work order. Secures the pertinent job information (work requests, work orders, drawings and material list).
20% - Supports enhancing crew productivity, material, quality, schedule adherence and adherence to design standards by performing site visits:
- Conducts reviews of construction site (Materials, Trucks, Overall Site).
- Understands dynamics impacting the construction site on a weekly basis.
- Ensures consistent application and execution of processes.
- Perform site visits and field crew visits as applicable to monitor crew productivity and ensure compliance with design and construction standards.
- Provides direct feedback and delivers input to stakeholders on crew productivity and crew inefficiency.
- Documents common issues with failure to comply with design standards in order to identify training opportunities.
- Ensures work orders are closed out with all adequate documentation including GIS updates, and as-built unit of property information.
10% - Build relationships with and provides feedback to Engineering, Schedulers, Customer Delivery, Grid Solutions Project Managers, Material Planners, Work Management Support, and Contractor Oversight. Documents feedback as appropriate or needed.
- Collaborates, builds relationships, effectively communicates (both orally and in writing) and provides feedback to:
- Designers on work order design issues
- Resource Planner & Schedulers, Contractor Oversite on resource needs
- Material planners on materials issues
- Fleet services on equipment needs and issues
- All Grid Solutions groups, Resource Management, Engineering and Project Managers, as needed.
5% - Builds relationships and communicates with customers, internal and external stakeholders and other area utilities:
- Promotes coordination with other entities to meet internal requirements and external requests.
- Investigate and resolve escalated customer issues. Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure resolution to customer complaints and promotes customer satisfaction levels at their respective site(s)
- Investigate and resolve customer claims and issues with external customers.
Note: Candidates must be able to drive a SUV. Requires a DMV check.
Experience with Work Management Systems (Maximo) and Sharepoint Experience Preferred.