To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bakersfield, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
HIPAA - Information Security Systems Officer
Mental Health Center of Denver • Bakersfield, CA
Posted 2 months ago
MENTAL HEALTH CENTER OF DENVER
HIPAA Privacy/Information Security Officer
The Mental Health Center of Denver has immediate need of a HIPAA Privacy/Information Security Officer.
The Mental Health Center of Denver is a place for recovery, resilience and well-being, known locally and nationally as a model for innovative and effective community behavioral healthcare.
Consistently named Denver's Top Places to Work
The Mental Health Center of Denver has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post six years in a row! We believe that all people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working towards that goal.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the HIPAA Privacy/Information Security Officer will interact with all facets and levels of the organization in helping guide the organization through privacy and information security matters relating to its diverse scope of health care programs and service offerings. This position will be responsible for managing Mental Health Center of Denver’s privacy and information security programs, including upholding the organization’s policies and procedures, designing and implementing training and education programs, and being the subject matter expert on privacy and information security requirements. The Privacy/Information Security Officer will partner frequently with the Director of Compliance, the Director of Health Information Systems Management, and the Director of Information Technology.
The Privacy/Information Security Officer will serve as the HIPAA-required Privacy Officer and HIPAA-required Security Officer. In-depth knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security requirements is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in computer/Information Sciences, information systems/DBA engineer, preferred
- Certification in health care policy, privacy, and/or information security preferred (e.g., CHPS, CHPC, CIPP, CISSP HCISPP, CISA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in healthcare compliance, including privacy or information security
- Experience in a behavioral health care environment highly desirable
- Experience managing a high work volume, managing changing priorities, and working cooperatively with a positive attitude
- Experience maintaining a high degree of discretion, integrity, and sensitivity to confidentiality and privacy