Summary of Position:
A Project Manager will lead multi-disciplinary teams to develop residential real estate developments. The Project Manager is expected to direct the full job, including: the setting and stewarding of budgets, job cost monitoring, platting subdivisions, contracting for architecture, engineering, surveying and infrastructure design and construction, bringing the job to completion and finally turning the finished product over to home building companies. The Project Manager will also contract for the design and construction of community amenities including entry monuments, landscaping, parks and pools, and greenbelt trails. In addition, the PM will have direct contact with public entities including federal, state and local officials, public utility providers, utility districts and homeowner associations. #CB
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule design and construction activities for project-related work.
- Estimate project design and construction costs and maintain project budgets and schedules as necessary to meet delivery targets.
- Review and analyze all engineering construction plans and contract documents with engineering consultants prior to and during all phases of construction.
- Contract and steward professional services for community infrastructure work, including engineering, geotechnical, and construction phase services and materials testing services.
- Contract for other professional services on an as-needed basis, including legal and environmental services.
- Contract and steward construction of community infrastructure including wet utilities and paving, landscaping, parks, pools, spray parks and detention ponds.
- Coordinate installation of dry utilities for new and existing communities including electrical, phone, cable TV and natural gas.
- Function as liaison between Friendswood Development Company to Municipal Utility Districts, other governmental agencies and homeowner associations.
- Initiates bond application reports and follow through with the bond sale and recovery including the audit of invoices.
- Develop site development costs for each business development plan.
- BS in Civil Engineering or other related degrees required
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a related field
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Proficient with computer programs and a working knowledge of new technology such as iPads
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, and homeowners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills