H&R Block, the world's leader in tax services, is looking for District General Managers in Kennewick, WA; New Haven, CT; Laurel, MD; Kansas City; and Madison Heights, MI. The District General Manager is responsible for leading a geographic district of approximately 17 H&R Block retail tax offices. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
· Industry Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance after 30 Days
· Relocation Package
· No regular overnight travel! 401(k) + Match
· Company Cell Phone/Laptop/Corporate Card
· Ongoing Training + Leadership Development Opportunities
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
- Recruits and hires seasonal district associates, providing coaching, development, and performance management to direct reports
- Manages office leaders and holds them accountable for coaching, development, and performance management of office associates
- Leads and manages the district by establishing and maintaining sales plans, offices, hiring, training and evaluating district associates
- Ensures that policies and procedures are implemented and followed in each supervised office to increase revenues, control expenses and promote client satisfaction through a consistent positive experience
- Responsible for accelerating business growth and delivering on sales targets through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities
- Effectively manages labor to ensure maximum productivity and profitability
- HS diploma + 7 years of multi-unit retail management (or related) experience or a bachelor’s degree + 3 years of multi-unit retail management experience
- Effective management of field personnel to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback