Multiple citiesTop Three Skills:
1. RDMS such as Teradata or Oracle with SQL programming.
2. ETL - Informatica
3. Big Data - Any Hadoop, Kafka, NoSQL, Cassendra, Mongo
Nice to have BI tool - Tableau or Looker
Looking for Engineers, not Developers
If its a rock star they would entertain someone to work outside of Nashville or Plano. They would also pay for someone to travel weekly to Nashville.
High Level Role Description:
The objective of this position is to work with business and technical experts to implement software engineering best practices related that promotes the highest reusability across the US and Global. The individual must have superb analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to drive project deliverables. The individual will be expected to participate in the collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, software design and realization of products that support the strategic technology needs to support the organization. A full stack engineer is a person that has a breadth of knowledge in computer science, a problem solving mentality and a desire to learn. This person is comfortable working with in a technical capacity across many of the sectors including core development on platform, data processing and report generation.
The FSE will be working in a team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output. Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
- Understands when to automate and when not to.
- Drive mentality of building well architecture applications for Cloud
- Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
- Can identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
FSEs are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily. FSEs have an ownership over their work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
Sample Delivery Responsibilities
- Core code production for back, middle and front end applications
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
- Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
- Creating a repeatable process for rationalizing large amounts of reports
- Complete detailed peer code reviews
- Deploying & developing cloud applications end to end
- Architect a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
- Working In stages of the environment life-cycle including Production
- Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Requirements and Skill sets needed:
- 7 or more years of Teradata experience is a must
- 7 or more years of Informatica development experience is a must
- Proficiency object oriented software: Scala or Java is a plus
- Expertise in designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts
- Experience in stream data, such as Kafka desired
- Proficiency working with large data stores
- Deep understanding of all things “database” - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Spark, Pig, Hive is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with Looker, Tableau is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial
Hadoop Distributed File System