CEO – Chief Executive Officer (Atlanta, GA - full relocation up to $25,000)
Do you have a passion for learning with a desire and ability to build positive, long-term relationships? Do you thrive in open, transparent environments where all financial reports and key corporate initiatives are shared with the entire company? Would others describe you as highly ethical and one who never waivers from your core values? If the above sounds like you, we have an excellent opportunity to become our client’s next CEO / Chief Executive Officer. Our client is a very well-established and profitable, privately-held engineering and consulting firm. After an extremely successful career, the incumbent CEO of 33 years has made the decision to retire during 2020. The current plan is to identify the successor CEO / Chief Executive Officer over the next 60 to 90 days and then spend the ensuing 6 to 9 months effecting a smooth and orderly transition. In addition to a generous compensation package their will also be the opportunity to take an equity stake in the firm.
General Overview of the CEO / Chief Executive Officer position:
- Establish outstanding relationships with the firm’s board, fellow executives, and the team as a whole.
- Enforce and embrace the firm’s core ideology (Respect, Integrity, Honesty, Competence, and Service).
- Work with the incumbent CEO to gain a detailed understanding of each client and service offering.
- Build high quality business strategies and plans that are in alignment with the firm’s core ideology.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results.
- Build trust with key business partners and stakeholders and act as the main point of contact to the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Lead and motivate associates to develop and maintain a high performing team environment.
- Analyze financial and non-financial performance data and devise solutions or improvements.
- Investigate problematic situations and provide solutions to ensure the firm’s strength and growth.
Qualifications / Requirements for the CEO / Chief Executive Officer
- 4+ years in a leadership position as the President or CEO of a small to mid-sized professional services, engineering or commercial construction related company (approximately $10m to $30m) where all departments reported to you (marketing, sales, operations, finance, HR, research, engineering, etc.).
- Excellent job stability and proven long-term relationship building experience (client intimacy).
- Unique balance of strong entrepreneurial spirit combined with an unwavering commitment to core values and ethics.
- Excellent ability to analyze business plans and build solid strategies for growth and success.
- Ability to demonstrate life-long learning (academically, on the job, and through personal drive).
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (including public speaking).
- In depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
NOTE - POSITION LOCATED IN ATLANTA, GA (Duluth)
NOTE - Salary info: $200k to $250k base plus bonus plus equity plus up to $25,000 in relocation assistance.