Our client is seeking a Mechanical ( Refrigeration ) Engineer to join their Engineering team at their custom processing equipment and systems facility in the Western NY region. Join a reputable, growing organization in the advanced technologies and equipment space and become a part of a dynamic team where you can realize both financial and professional career growth and be a part of the company ‘family’!
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide knowledge of process equipment and Pressure vessel design, ASME Sec 8 Div 1
· Provide engineering concepts and designs in the area of machine design, hydraulics, pneumatics, refrigeration, welding and fabrication techniques, stress analysis, FEA, stainless steel fabrication, piping, flow, heat transfer, instrumentation, control and refrigeration systems which will be key to our equipment / systems designs.
· Work as a team member of project teams and have the ability to interact with customers and various internal and external personnel. Daily coordination and oversight of design/drafter activities will also be required.
· Comprehend and develop large industrial equipment for food, beverage, pharmaceutical and like applications.
· In efforts to continually support our customers, it may be required to support equipment assembly, start-up, installation, validation, and field service, as needed.
· Consistently observe and promote safety site requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering required.
Must possess mechanical knowledge of custom OEM equipment, knowledge of process equipment and Pressure vessel design, ASME Sec 8 Div 1 is required.
Knowledge of process equipment and Pressure vessel design ( ASME Sec 8 Div 1 is required ) – knowledge of machines and components including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance - ideally food, beverage, cryogenics, refrigeration or pharmaceutical manufacturing capital equipment or systems.
Experience in Stress analysis, FEA, stainless steel fabrication, piping, flow, heat transfer, instrumentation, control and refrigeration systems (especially large structural, skid mounted equipment) and ability to perform engineering calculations and create and interpret P&ID drawings.
- Ability and/or experience with Project Management with regard to having a key role in long life cycle projects from cradle to grave, scheduling work load for self and potentially other Designers and team members, and capable of technical interface with vendors, suppliers, customers and other internal / external staff. Ability to handle multiple projects at once in various stages.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems – AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical ideal, Inventor also a plus.
- Experience with vacuum or refrigeration equipment or systems, heat exchangers, pumps, pressure vessels and pressurized systems, aseptic processing, process piping, compressors would all be applicable and desireable.
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills with a focus on providing excellent customer service. Strong commitment teamwork and integrating information from multi-disciplined teams.
- Up to 10% travel required-both domestic & international
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, smell, lift or move up to 30 pounds.
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to URL blocked - click to apply for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
Staffing: URL blocked - click to apply
IT Solutions and Disruptive Technologies: URL blocked - click to apply