Telecom Construction Assistant Summary
The Field Crew Assistant/Telecom Construction Laborer will assist with assist with the completion of field work for a variety of survey projects which includes utilizing field equipment and keeping the equipment maintained as well as complying with all safety requirements.
Telecom Construction Assistant Key Responsibilities:
· Compiles notes, sketches and records of data obtained, and work performed.
· Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment.
· Coordinate surveying activities to meet construction requirements.
· Assist with Project risk, qualification, minimization
· Perform Pre-qualification assessments that ensure mutual suitability
· Digging holes and setting vaults into the ground to protect wire fittings.
· Pulling telecom wire that is not yet hooked up
· Operates surveying instruments, such as transit and level and/or electronic surveying equipment for surveying crew.
· Marks measuring points.
· Places designated points and specified elevations.
· Must have knowledge of and ability to use all surveying equipment and techniques.
· Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
· Follows all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
· Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
· Performs other duties as required.
Telecom Construction Assistant Qualifications:
· Possesses gloves and steel toed boots
· Ability to effectively verbally communicate directions from craft supervisors and respond to questions from managers and fellow workers.
· Has ability to read, interpret or prepare field notes, sketches, drawings and specifications.
· Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
· Plan work and select proper tools.
· Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
· Valid Driver’s License a must.