SWC FIELD INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
SEEKING CANDIDATES FROM HUNTSVILLE, AL; MONTGOMERY, AL; JACKSON, MS;
MERIIDAN, MS; MEMPHIS, TN; CHATTANOOGA, TN; AND ATLANTA, GA
Position: Field Installation Technician
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Type: Full-Time hourly
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, 401K, Company Vehicle, Short/Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement
Field Installation Technician wanted to work for company that designs, installs and services PLC and microprocessor based controls, CCTV, Fire, audio and computer systems in detention facilities.
Position includes but is not limited to installation, troubleshooting, and testing systems. Successful candidate will be proficient with installation of microprocessor based control systems, CCTV (analog & IP), fire alarm, audio and paging systems, Ethernet networks and computer systems in detention facilities.
1. Pulling of electronic cable.
2. Responsible for the basic wiring and installation of hardware.
3. Responsible for the operation of cable testing equipment.
4. Meet all installation, commissioning and testing deadlines.
5. Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items.
6. Full compliance with company's and customer's safety program.
7. Operation of power tools.
8. Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
9. Duties include, but are not limited to, installation, troubleshooting, and testing of systems.
Successful candidate will be proficient with installation and services of PLC and microprocessor based control systems, CCTV (analog & IP), fire alarm systems, audio and paging systems, Ethernet networks, and basic computer skills. Candidate will also demonstrate strong troubleshooting ability, be mechanically inclined and willing to learn.
Travel: Must be willing to travel, have satisfactory driving record and clean criminal history record. Position requires weekly travel to job sites. Company vehicle provided and expenses paid.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
3. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
6. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
7. Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
8. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
9. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
10. Must be able to pass a background check, substance screening and have a valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Abide by SWC and OSHA regulations and use Personal Protective equipment as required by the work environment.
3. Requires the ability to lift 70 lbs. overhead, work from ladders of various types or other construction equipment including, but not limited to, boom lift, scissor lift, scaffolding, etc. Position also requires team member to climb, crawl, and raise things overhead.
4. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
6. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Repairing (Computer Systems)