To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bozeman, MT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Channel Development Specialist
Wausau Supply Company • Bozeman, MT
Posted 2 months ago
Summary: As an Ambassador and front line contact to Contractors, Remodelers & Architects; a Channel Development Specialist (CDS) will work with our clientele to educate, train and secure orders on Diamond Kote Building Products. Maintain positive/profitable relations. Convert business and increase the brand recognition of Diamond Kote Building Products in the market.
CDS duties to include (not limited to):
· Be a product expert for Diamond Kote Building Products offered by Wausau Supply Company.
· Promote & educate our proprietary Diamond Kote Building Products.
· Travel within geography making calls on contractors, remodelers & architects.
· Assist and educate contractors/installers with the following:
o Seminars promoting product as well as proper installation practices.
o Sponsoring and attending customer educational events (i.e. breakfast/lunch events and evening product shows) promoting Diamond Kote Building Products where contractors, remodelers and/or architects are present.
· Be a solutions provider for your customers; and quick problem resolution.
· Identify and solicit new business opportunities.
· Continuous education to stay current with:
o Changing products in the industry. (Both Diamond Kote Building Products and competitive brands).
o Building codes & practices.
· Attend sales meetings, customer functions, contractor events, trade shows, and all other events as assigned.
· Ability to work directly with installers for job site startups and installation to ensure a smooth process.
· Communicate effectively with Regional Manager on a regular basis.
· Complete all sales reports on time and accurately. Utilizing CRM system to document and track sales process.
· Work effectively with internal departments (warranty, customer service, and accounting) to help provide a positive customer experience.
· Compliance with all company safety initiatives and Safety Observations to meet company goals.
A CDS will possess and/or demonstrate the ability to:
· Proficient presentation, verbal & written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet communicated sales goals.
· Display professional behavior to all internal and external contacts in conjunction with policies and procedures as outline in the employee handbook.
· General working knowledge of residential construction.
· Strong people skills needed in order to develop and sustain relationships that would result in advanced sales of our key products
· Utilize electronic expense report tools daily.
· Keep company vehicle clean and in compliance with recommended maintenance schedule along with organized and prepared to perform your responsibilities, maintaining a professional image.
Education / Experience:
· High School Diploma, College Degree and/or 3-5 years of related sales experience preferred.
· Microsoft Office Suite knowledge base, any sale reporting software knowledge is a plus.
· Highly developed planning and organizational abilities.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Working Demands / Requirements:
· Ability to sit for long periods of time because of travel aspect of position.
· Must possess a MVR that qualifies per the auto insurance requirements.
· Flexibility relative to hours as travel is weekly with some overnights.
· Home Office needs to have rapid high speed internet.
· Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs. occasionally.
· Ability to safely operate air/power tools.
Conclusion: A Wausau Supply Co. CDS will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with Wausau Supply Co. As a frontline employee, politeness, honor and integrity is expected in every contractor/client interaction.