Job Title: Sr. Product Design Engineer/Engineering Mgr.
Reports To: VP-Engineering
Location: Colorado’s western slope
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Full benefits package, relocation assistance
About our Client:
Our client leads in the specialized acrylic design and fabrication sector; with over 30 years’ experience, and an innovative nature inherent in every employee, our client is constantly reinventing the definition and setting the standard of what can be done with acrylic. Our client is seeking a Sr. Product Design Engineer to add to its team of winners in the mountains of Colorado. Several exciting key deliverables serve to make this position attractive to superb Sr. Product Design Engineers. One, there is an Engineering Management function to this role, based on the client’s current growth profile, that is highly unique, w/ 6 direct reports (engineers and draftsmen); this would make the position highly desirable among Team and Project Group leaders looking to take the next step in the maturation of their career. Two, this position is career-pathed to a VP-level role within the next 2-3 years. Third, this role still maintains the project/process design element within your projects that provides that individual contribution excitement; the Sr. Product Design Engineer will design innovative acrylic products for the marketplace, in addition to leading and implementing process improvements on the manufacturing floor. Excellent and proven CAD and FEA skills are paramount. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a sector leader in a career-enhancing role in a great area of the country w/ a favorable cost of living.
· Design and develop acrylic products to meet customer expectations and manufacturing feasibility.
· Identify opportunities and improve existing manufacturing and fabrication processes.
· Support implementation of processing methodologies including Lean and Continuous Improvement.
· Travel to job sites to provide engineering support as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5-10 years of manufacturing experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, prefer mechanical; manufacturing or industrial will be considered.
· 5 years of proven experience in product design.
· 3 years CAD experience in Solidworks. AutoCAD experience desired.
· 3 years FEA experience, Nastran/Femap preferred.
· Experience with fabrication methods of acrylic and/or other plastics processing methods. Metal and aluminum castings processes would also be very transferable.
· Experience with manufacturing equipment used in chemical mixing and casting processes, including ovens and autoclaves.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
· Must speak and write English proficiently. Spanish and/or Thai language skill is helpful.
· Fundamental engineering logic and common sense.
· Understanding of the manufacturing business and operations.
Solid Works (Cad)
Nastran (Computer Aided Design Software)
Computer Aided Design