To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Branch Manager- Property and Casualty Insurance
JM Wilson • Miami, FL
Posted 8 days ago
J.M Wilson Corporation is a Managing General Agency and Surplus Lines Insurance Broker providing specialty insurance products to independent Insurance agents for risks that are not insurable in the standard marketplace.
We are seeking a Branch Manager- Property & Causality Insurance in our Hollywood, FL facility.
Responsible for managing the branch office which entails controlling the operations of the branch office, implement short and long range objectives, policies and goals. Plans and directs the daily activities of the staff to achieve operational and strategic goals and objectives. Underwrite and place new and renewal business. Service existing accounts when needed. Represent JM Wilson to our customers and the community. Knowledgeable of all carriers that are represented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New and renewal business. Service existing accounts when needed. Represent JM Wilson to our customers and the community. Knowledgeable of all carriers that are represented
- Manage/Administer team operations; participate in strategic planning and implementation of strategic plans as they relate to the branch
- Manager team workflows ensure that the team is following SOP’s, company’s guidelines and meeting benchmarks set for the branch office
- Create new procedures to ensure quality work by each member
- Evaluate submissions for acceptability to company underwriting guidelines and distribution to underwriting staff for quotation
- Knowledgeable of Policy and Binder set-ups
- Agency visits and building of JM Wilson presence in the marketplace for the state(s)
- Maintain TQM statistics in company Database
- Prepare and execute semi-annual performance job review for each member of the office
- Travel to home office, insurance companies, and state conventions as well as customers
- Attend quarterly strategic planning meetings. This includes planning annual budgets, TQM targets and benchmarks
- Maintain and write SOP’s
- Conduct underwriting audits
- Monitor and encourage staff to contribute ideas to the ideas/suggestions database as well as implementation of suggestions
- Maintain/purchase equipment and furniture as needed
- This also includes all office space issues with building owner/management
- Work with Human Resource manager for hiring new associates and all personnel issue
- Weekly training session of the team(s) to educate staff on line of business issues and company underwriting guidelines and forms/endorsements. This is to maintain staff’s knowledge of any changes by the companies and industry
- Perform other duties at the direction of senior management
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have experience in property and causality insurance
- Detail accuracy
- Good decision-making skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary, depending on volume of work in office, to meet company guidelines
- Good time management skills with the ability to handle requests within company guidelines
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to travel
- Computer knowledge of AS400
- Computer operator knowledge of personal computers
- Underwriting skills for all lines of business
- ability to rate
- Good people management skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to visualize corporate goals
- Ability to type with accuracy