This individual will operate vehicles to pick up and deliver parts, equipment, and supplies for the store. They must be able to safely operate all equipment sold by the dealership. This individual will be hauling equipment over the road to and from RDO locations and will be on the road 10 to 14 days at a time while following all DOT rules and regulations.
Specific Duties Include:
• Haul equipment over the road to and from RDO locations.
• On the road 10 to 14 days at a time following all DOT rules and regulations.
• Haul new equipment over the road from factories to RDO locations.
• Follow all instructions for pick up, transport and delivery of equipment and supplies for the dealership or to/from customers of the dealership.
• Account for all distance traveled in performing assigned duties.
• May instruct customer on the basic operating instructions at the time of delivery.
• Keep records of pickup and deliveries and obtain necessary signatures and receipts as requested by supervisors (and may be necessary to complete accounting documentation for sales).
• Maintain vehicle in a safe operating condition. Advise supervisor or manager of necessary repairs.
• Obtain appropriate permits pertaining to job duty.
• Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership’s area of responsibility.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and current medical card
• Ability to travel 10 to 14 days at a time required
• Experience operating heavy and/or agricultural equipment required
• Knowledge of manufacturers’ loading and unloading procedures for the safe transportation of equipment
• Strong customer service skills
• Computer skills
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hardworking And Dedicated