The ideal Puma Clinical Specialist requires the drive, initiative and creativity to sell and succeed in competitive markets that revolve around complex science. The Clinical Specialist must possess a mindset to succeed in a small, entrepreneurial environment where strategic thinking and resource deployment is executed with precision. The Clinical Specialist develops account and customer specific business plans that drives adoption and utilization of Puma’s first commercial product. The Clinical Specialist is responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of Puma’s first commercial product in his/her geographic territory. The Clinical Specialist represents Puma and its first commercial product and the approved indication; helping external customers such as physicians, nurses, etc. learn about the benefits of the product in relation to the applicable therapeutic area/disease state. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of customers and accounts within oncology, as well as the local dynamics that influence business in their area.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion
- Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented
- Strategic approach to accessing customers in an innovative manner
- Identify issues and opportunities using sales reports and other analytical tools to build customers strategies and tactics to maximize sales in the assigned territory
- Uses selling, presentation, influencing, listening & questioning skills to best present assigned product and fully understand physician/clinician and patient needs, expectations, challenges & other constraints
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Demonstrated access and understanding of key customers and account groups within the territory
- Understand and leverage roles and responsibilities of the cross functional team to drive strategic imperatives including Marketing and Market Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior clinical acumen with the proven ability to excel in a technically complex and
- ambiguous sales environment
- Exceptional collaborator who can effectively work with cross-franchise peers, internal
- functional partners and external customers
- Participate as and when needed/working in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting peers, the overall region, area or franchise to excel
This position may manage all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of any employees reporting to this role within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally association with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply. Work is performed in an office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires significant use of a personal vehicle to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the role. As a result, Puma Biotechnology from time to time will check your motor vehicle record for purposes of determining your eligibility for driving any vehicle on company business. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, working on a weekend may also be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Travel may be required (up to 60 %).
Required Education & Professional Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Launch and or experience in oncology
- Proven track record of results
- Driving results in a competitive market
- Market Access or Reimbursement experience a plus
Preferred Education & Experience
- Launch and or experience in breast cancer preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
- Experience in Oncology highly preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that ae required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Puma Biotechnology Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The base compensation range for this position is $150k - $190k per year, higher compensation may be available for someone with advanced skills and/or experience.
- Develops and executes robust territory business plans
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals, brand key performance indicators and management by objectives
- Develops and manages long-term relationships with physicians, nurses, office practices managers and other key stakeholders in the assigned territory
- Conducts compelling discussions with key physicians and health care professionals in support of the approved product indication
- Utilizes approved resources and messages to meet goals and targets
- Interacting with key stakeholders and explaining features and benefits of the product, utilizing persuasive sales techniques
- Collaborates with a variety of internal cross functional partners to include clinical nurse educators, marketers, account managers and medical science liaisons
- Planning and organizing promotional speakers programs in territory in partnership with Speakers Bureau vendor
- Communicating competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
- Monitors operating costs and budget and ensures the activities under his/her responsibilities are in line with the company policies and procedures
- Business Planning
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Relationship Management
- Supervisory Skills