Position will cover the WISONSIN area (Milwaukee and Madison)
The Surgical Specialist represents Symmetry Surgical in direct sales of Hand Held Surgical Instrumentation to hospitals in the following departments: Surgery, Central Supply, and Material Management. The Surgical Specialist will call on Surgeons (including participating in medical evaluations/trails), Nursing Staff, Purchasing, and Material Management professionals and represent Symmetry as the “subject matter expert”. This is a full-line sales position responsible for growing revenue in the territory by encouraging the cross-sell of specified products to customers. Surgical Specialists are responsible for Customer acquisition activities (including prospecting, RFP process, etc.), providing ongoing customer support, bi-directional training and promotional activities as necessary to drive the growth of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the subject matter expert on surgical instrumentation used in hospital operating rooms, surgery centers and other medical theatres; provide value-added services to convert accounts to the Symmetry portfolio.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals/objectives by preparing a territory sales plan specifying objectives, target accounts, key clinicians, product promotions and other issues central to achieving stated goals.
- Manage sales of products across Symmetry’s entire product portfolio to multiple surgical specialties; manage contract compliance and conversion to comprehensive National Account Contract portfolio ; work with internal resources to manage full sales life cycle.
- Provide portfolio options to Customers, request quotes, process orders and follow-up to ensure complete Customer satisfaction.
- Maintain awareness of product inventories and manage computer based inventory control and information systems.
Be the focal point of communication between the company and Customer.
Stay current with all provided training material necessary for sale of products as well as credentialing within the various hospital facilities.
Maintain updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Bachelor degree preferred
2-5 years of proven outside sales experience.
Prior Medical/Surgical Instrumentation sales experience or nursing background preferred.
National Accounts management experience is preferred
A valid driver’s license issued in one of the 50 states and an acceptable driving record required (must be maintained during employment)
Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong communication skills (both written and oral).
Symmetry Surgical is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
Operate Cash Register