To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Rapids, MI 49501
- Frank Alessandrini
- Phone: 586-596-0050
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Area Manager - Grand Rapids
Big Boy Restaurants International LLC • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing both Franchise and Company-Owned restaurants. The company-owned restaurant responsibilities are listed below. When overseeing Franchise-owned locations, incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that company-standards are followed and work to help grow and expand the business.
- Incumbents are responsible for the overall performance of the restaurants in their respective region related to sales and profits. Expected to oversee their restaurants Leadership Teams, stay within operational planned budgets, review P & L results with each leadership Team to ensure continuous improvements in building sales, profits, costs and maintaining employee guest satisfaction. Responsible for garnering positive results by providing leadership, ongoing training and development of each team member by role modeling all desired actions. Ensures operations of each restaurant are performed in accordance with Company policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for on-going training and coaching of their Executive General Managers, Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders:
- Must monitor new Managers in Training “My Learning Path” – powered by Paycom®. Manager in Training Evaluations must be completed by the receiving Executive General Managers.
- Consistently identify management learning gaps then mold and organize their training to address these gaps through Individual Development Plans and Annual Performance Reviews based on SMART Goals with timely measurement of achievements.
- Expected to be a visible force in their stores conducting regular store visits using management Checklists, 4 Pillars Focus Reports, It’s Your Big Boy Restaurant Evaluations and Field Reviews. Each visit is to result in documented goals and timelines for completion that will require follow up visits.
- Adherence to Federal and State Employment Labor Laws and Company Policies. Must notify Human Resources of any Harassment allegations.
- Adherence to Health Department Regulations and Big Boy Quality Standards
- Administration: Must consistently review time-keeping, employment of minors, payroll practices, performance and financial indicators via Data Central Systems.
- Collect and organize district reports, safety committee inspections, conducts performance reviews on their region Executive General Managers and ensures participation with performance reviews for their Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders timely.
- Enforces Performance Review Annual Schedule and completion of such reviews for hourly team’s members to enhance unit performance.
- Guest Surveys – Promote, expect, monitor and develop specific improvement plans based on Survey results.
- Maintains Area Leadership Schedule and Projections (churn / turn), in addition to regional Hourly Team needs. Provides weekly Staff Analysis to Human Resources to ensure jobs are posted on the Big Boy Career Page timely. Responsible for ensuring the Leadership Teams are proactive in building their talent bench with passionate, exceptional future Leaders.
- Develops and maintains Paid Time-Off Schedule for Leadership Teams to ensure management benefits are used timely.
- Area Directors must ensure their Leadership Teams follow and are compliant with Human Resources and Payroll best practices and policies.
- Position requires Area Directors be proactive and not reactive to situations have the potential for creating hostile work environments. Continuously monitor environments to ensure our Culture is embraced, practiced and never compromised. Area Directors are expected to ensure prompt, remedial resolutions to employee and guest complaints in their region.
- Conference Calls are expected to informative to Leadership Team Members and communications are expected to be shared with team members timely.
- Adherence to Marketing Initiatives: Events, New Menus, Promotions and Local Store Marketing
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update Outlook Calendar each period. Submit planned calendar by period to Vice President of Operations & Training and notify in writing when adjustments are necessary.
- Review of Data Central Reporting and Restaurant Magic Inventory for the region. Train Leadership Teams to be proactive in identifying and correcting gaps / inconsistencies.
- Plans, executes and follows-up to ensure daily operations improvements.
- Attends / participates in meetings – Operations Department, Area and Management Seminars whether in person or via conference calls.
- Conducts Menu / Event Product Roll-Out Training Sessions in their regions.
Full Service Restaurant Experience, recommended for position.
Job Skill Requirements:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Sufficient strength and agility to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Bending, reaching, and climbing stairs
* Ability to work long hours and be on your feet long periods of time
* Ability to read, count, write and follow recipes accurately
* Good hearing, visual, English speaking, memory, writing, reading, math and organizational skills
Desired Traits/Hospitality Skills:
* A helpful personality
* The ability to work well with others and maintain professionalism at all times
* The ability to develop and build professional relationships with staff and guests
* Great communication and leadership skills
Big Boy Restaurants Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.