To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bakersfield, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
U.S. Renal Care • Bakersfield, CA
Posted 2 months ago
U.S. RENAL CARE
Dietitian - up to $7,500 signing bonus
U.S. Renal Care is in immediate need of Dietitians. Up to $7,500 signing bonus!
It is our intent at U.S. Renal Care to hire not only the best and brightest, but the most
compassionate and “just plain nice" people as well.
The Dietitian role is to assure quality nutritional care of patients and their families with chronic renal disease.
- Recommend therapeutic diets in consideration of cultural and/or personal preferences and changes in treatment based on the patient’s nutritional needs in consultation with the patient’s physician.
- Answer questions and discuss problems with dialysis patients when excessive weight-gain occurs, or when other instances of suspected dietary non-compliance occurs.
- Design and distribute educational materials concerning diet for the dialysis patient, conduct seminars and classes for dialysis patients concerning aspects of their diets.
- Perform regularly scheduled evaluations of standard menus for renal patients, revising and/or updating menus as necessary, and participate in monthly interdisciplinary patient care conference.
- Assist patients in obtaining dietary supplements as appropriate.
- Assist with program’s target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements.
- Must perform initial assessments in accordance with state regulations.
- Nutrition reassessments shall be conducted in accordance with state guidelines or more often if indicated.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Be familiar with all emergency operational procedures.
- Counsel patients, and patients’ families on prescribed diets and monitoring adherence and response to diet therapy.
- Refer patients for assistance with nutrition resources such as financial assistance, community resources or in-home assistance.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical Director and physicians.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with area nursing homes, hospitals, agencies, vendors and the community as applicable.
- Educate staff and provide in-service training in relation to patient dietary care.
- Must have Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or Food.
- Minimum of one year experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian required.
- Current Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN) certification showing proof registered with Commission of Dietetic Registration.
- Current Dietitian (LD/LDN) license in applicable state is required unless employed in the state of AZ, CA, CO, MI, or NJ. State certification (Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist) required in CT, IN, NY and VA. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
Together, U.S. Renal Care employees care for more than 23,000 patients throughout the United States. At U.S. Renal Care, we believe taking care of our employees is as important as taking care of our patients. We know that great employees are an asset to our company, and are critical to our patients. To that end, we provide all of our employees with comprehensive training, communication as well as a rewarding career. Following are some of the benefits we provide to our employees:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with discretionary employer match)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- CEU Reimbursement (for Nurses, PCTs, Dietitians and Social Workers) to help off-set the costs of obtaining required education