Maintenance Technician - Lead
BGIS is seeking Maintenance Technicians to join our growing team.
BGIS hires the best and brightest to help inspire change for a more sustainable future, make a difference in our communities, and to drive innovation through best practices and technology in the real estate management services industry.
Maintain Building Systems
· Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
· Assist with ancillary building systems necessary to keep systems operating at peak performance with minimal downtime.
· Receive direction from Lead Facility Engineer or Facility Manager.
· Maintain facility equipment as indicated by preventative maintenance plan.
· Provide general building maintenance and perform routine maintenance tasks.
· Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend upgrades.
· Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
· Forward high level technical maintenance to appropriate resource.
· Respond to customer service requests.
· Monitor service requests in work order management system.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and maintain positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
· Respond to off hour emergency calls.
· Work with vendors and contractors to oversee and ensure work meets BGIS standards
· Other duties as assigned.
· One (1) year of experience with building /facility operations or training equivalent.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent work experience required.
· Experience or knowledge of with maintaining building infrastructure is preferred.
· Basic computer skills
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. BGIS’ s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010. We have been recognized by GI Jobs Magazine for Military Friendly 2017 and 2018, along with being the recipient of the 2018 Hire Vets Gold Medallion via the U.S Department of Labor.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)