To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Thomas, WV 26292
- Jermaine Edwards-Schmiedeler
- Phone: 502-244-2420 ext. 5345
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mobile Dental Assistant
360 Care • Thomas, WV
Posted 2 months ago
This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting physicians with dental care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Reviews, verifies and maintains current and accurate clinical records, charts and medical history through electronic medical records.
- Assures integrity of all documentation.
- Updates patient odontogram for every patient encounter.
- Efficiently passes instruments and supplies to dentist for appropriate care being rendered.
- Maintains the treatment area by evacuation, washing, isolating, drying and illuminated properly.
- Provides daily feedback and works in conjunction with branch office to optimize dental schedule and reporting.
- Efficiently manages patient flow of facility visit and may push wheelchair.
- Balance and generate daily production reports and provide to dentist upon departure.
- Accurately posts the dental charges to the appropriate provider in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and reports to proper resources.
- Maintains and schedules planned maintenance for dental equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility.
- Inspect and maintain the vehicle's exterior and interior appearance, as well as, perform basic support undertakings like routine oil changes, refueling the vehicle, change brake lights, etc.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by auditing stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Manage resources by preparing supplies with minimum waste or need for duplication.
- Ensure all dental equipment is working properly by completing preventive maintenance requirements and following manufacturer's instructions.
- Assists dentist diagnosis by exposing and processing digital dental radiographs.
- Assist with education of patients on proper oral hygiene techniques.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Follows all OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or GED required.
- Medical/Dental Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record and car insurance.
- Must have completed and passed a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test.
- Hepatitis B vaccination is preferred.
- Must have state radiation license or certificate.
- Must have good computer skills and medical terminology experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. (Dental: 50 pounds or more) Must be able to push patients in wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.