Summary of Job:
The Operator is responsible for driving/ operating vacuum trucks, running water blast pumps, as well as the routine maintenance of all vacuum system components and water blast pumps. Operators also train and fill in as Technicians when required.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Promotes safety as the number one priority, and quality as the number two priority.
2. Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment, including required paperwork.
3. Determines whether all project requirements and safety issues are addressed in the JSA before starting work at any jobsite.
4. Participates, with the rest of the crew, in the entire setup of the job.
5. Attends "Toolbox Safety Meetings" with crew prior to job start, including JSA review.
6. Utilizes all required equipment during the job in a safe and efficient manner; handles routine maintenance issues on equipment as needed.
7. Accepts job assignment rotations at the jobsite and assists in cross training technicians on proper operation of the vacuum truck as directed.
8. Always utilizes proper PPE and reports incidents/ accidents immediately to the job-site supervisor.
9. Shares in the responsibility of tearing down the entire job as a crew in all aspects, which includes vacuum truck related duties. Ensures proper cleanup and housekeeping of the jobsite upon job completion.
10. Fosters a "team approach" atmosphere; always displays a positive, respectful, and professional attitude; contributes to the "continuous improvement" philosophy; performs other duties as deemed necessary.
11. Helps to maintain positive customer relations for the company.
12. Cleans out the vac truck and disposes of the waste on-site, or, if designated by your Crew Leader, at a pre-approved disposal site.
13. Cleans and maintains all equipment upon return to the shop; returns equipment and supplies to their designated storage locations.
14. Timely completes/submits the manifest on waste disposal, and all other post-job paperwork.
15. "Red Tags" any equipment in need of repair/maintenance by the Mechanic.
Complies with all laws, company policies/ procedures, and customer rules/ regulations.