To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
291 North Street
Saco, ME 04072
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Product Engineer
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems • Saco, ME
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Sr. Product Engineer position at GD-OTS offers you the opportunity to be continuously challenged and to demonstrate your skills and talent in a highly collaborative environment. If you see yourself as a versatile individual, broadened experiences and career advancement are within your control.
We are about protecting the people who protect all of us. We are about developing and producing advanced Gatling Gun and crew served weapon technologies. Our products can be found with every U.S. military branch and with allies around the world.
You, as the latest Sr. Product Engineer member of our team, will be integral to the production of Gatling Gun and crew served weapons systems. Come join our incredible team and know that you will be making a difference in protecting those who protect us.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Product Engineer will have full technical responsibility for their assigned product lines, which include Gatling Gun systems on fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground support equipment for those systems, and crew served weapon systems. You will be the primary technical representative for GD-OTS for your assigned product lines, working collaboratively with customers, suppliers, and high performing cross functional program teams.
The successful candidate will bring the following core skills and knowledge to the team:
- Failure analysis, root cause, and corrective action tools and techniques needed to quickly and efficiently solve problems
- Mechanical engineering fundamentals needed to make decisions that ensure safe and reliable operation of products
- Technical writing skills needed to effectively communicate at all levels within and outside the organization
- Verbal communication and presentation skills needed to align team actions with project objectives
- Project management fundamentals needed to ensure successful planning and execution of the technical project
- Fundamental knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing needed to read and interpret product definition
The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of engineering tools such as these to be able to solve engineering challenges with dynamic and rotary mechanisms:
- CAD (Creo 3.0 preferred)
Required: Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering, technical, or science discipline or equivalent experience
Four or more years of relevant experience