Make a difference as the next greatest generation in the guard and start building your future with a $20,000 bonus !
When you join the Army National Guard, you’re joining a team with purpose and setting yourself up for a successful future. You’ll gain job skills and leadership experience, and get a head start on a civilian career. Explore the many ways Guard service can accelerate your path.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 20 weeks of classroom instruction.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- General Equipment Maintenance
- Material Handling
- Physical Endurance
- Use Protective Equipment