We have a fast moving opportunity for a RN, Registered Nurse to work immediately in home health facilities and residence. Experience is required in home health. Psychiatric specialty is strongly preferred. This position will perform in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
· Performs patient start of care comprehensive assessment (using the OASIS tool), evaluation, development and implementation of Plan of Care
· Collaborates with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan
· Initiates appropriate referrals for other medical services when indicated
· Performs various types of nursing visits periodically to continue to monitor progress and evaluate services (Resumption of Care, Recertification, routine or follow up visits as needed.)
· Participates in patient care conferences and leads discussion regarding new patients admitted into services.
· Promote and maintain client health through teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures.
· Assist clients in learning appropriate self-care techniques in home health facility
· Help to achieve and maintain continuity of care by assisting in planning and exchanging information with other health care professionals
· Document on the clinical record and follow care plans as developed by the RN and according to agency policy
· Maintain the highest ethical standard
1. Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor
2. Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide
· Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience with at least half of that time working in home health or related health care organization
· Psych / med nurse specialty is preferred
· Must possess an Associate Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing
· Knowledge and understanding of Medicare home health care standards, regulation, guidelines, QA and compliance
· Proficient knowledge of OASIS - C1 for Start of Care (SOC), Re-certification, Discharge, Resumption of Care Current CPR Certification
· Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Ability to successfully complete required background check and drug screening
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/LIFTING REQUIREMENTS:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient facilities and homes and travels to/from patient within 20 mile radius.Ability to participate in physical activity. Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity. Heavy lifting. Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Rockford, Aurora, Streamwood, Elgin, DeKalb, Oak Lawn, Elmhurst, South Chicago, McHenry, Woodstock, Lombard, Wheaton
Commensurate with experience.
Registered Nurse Certified