The Business Analyst within Information Technology will work closely with our Operations Manufacturing Leadership to understand business processes, workflows, and their relationships to current and future solutions. This role will create detailed business requirements, system documentation, and implement quality software solutions. This role will need to utilize multiple techniques to elicit, document and validate the requirements with all stakeholders.
In addition, this position is responsible for keeping databases up and running smoothly with the goal to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, considering both backend data structures as well as frontend accessibility for end-users.
Education & Certifications:
· Bachelors or technical degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
Knowledge & Experience:
5+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Information Technology, or in a related area, preferably in a manufacturing company.
- 3+ years of experience and strong SQL skills: ability to code complex SQL queries and tune for best performance; create and maintain stored procedures & functions; create and maintain database objects
Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment is required, preference for experience with Infor VisualERP.
Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to investigate and weigh alternatives and select the course of action that provides the greatest benefit to the organization.
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to ask the needed bigger-picture questions that lead to process improvements
- Excellent project management skills, effective multi-tasking, time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Participate in on-call rotation, ensuring proper resolution to escalated issues.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Duties and responsibilities
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
Business analysis and programming (30%)
Serve as liaison between business and IT gathering requirements from within one or more business functional areas to develop a comprehensive business requirements document.
- Create functional specifications based on business requirements. Regulate and assess changes to requirements and their impacts.
- Support the Subject Matter Expert on business processes and systems for their functional area of expertise.
- Create functional and technical specifications for customizations and reports.
Application Administration (30%)
- Providing software application support; troubleshooting and resolve production problems in a timely manner
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to leadership.
- Keeping record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Configure, test and deploy application and ERP System patches and upgrades.
- Automate and optimize business solutions.
- Educate users on system functionality and promote a better understanding of the application suite.
Business Intelligence and Reporting (20%)
- Apply data warehouse (DW) and business intelligence expertise to support the technical needs of our internal customers
- Participate in designing a robust BI infrastructure using the Microsoft suite of products to deliver data, reports, and ad-hoc reporting capabilities to business users
- Assist in designing and maintaining ETL solutions to support and maintain our data warehouse
- Creating technical documents that outline the purpose, capacity, and guidelines
Database Administration (20%)
- Monitoring database system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for maintenance or protection.
Process Improvements (Business)