Summary of the Job:
The Director, Advertising is an experienced, results-driven, resonant leader who will plan, design, and coordinate the execution of all online marketing campaigns for CareerBuilder. This leader will build CareerBuilder’s online marketing strategy, with a focus on increasing engagement and conversion of all target audience segments. The person in this role will be an integral contributor to a fast-paced, high-growth company in an industry that is ever-evolving.
As the Director, Advertising, you will be responsible for: developing and executing an overarching approach with market-specific digital messaging, utilizing search engine optimization, comparative market analytics, competitive business analysis, and all other online platforms that are specific for our company and its products to drive market awareness.
- Develop, implement, and execute digital marketing initiatives and activities to support and optimize brand and educational campaigns, PR, events, corporate programs, partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Translate digital data-driven strategies into comprehensive marketing plans and go-to-market execution.
- Lead digital marketing strategy. Create, curate, and manage the publishing of relevant, original, high-quality text, images, and video content.
- Accountable for driving strong results, on-going optimizations, testing new capabilities and cost savings for paid media program
- Strategic planning for company website; prioritizing, itemizing, and planning content development to fill content gaps identified via competitive and audience research
- Measure and report performance of all digital media marketing campaigns. Assess performance against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Challenge direction, or the status quo, and seek alternate perspectives and approaches in developing effective digital strategies
- Manage budgets and workflow, track timelines and deliverables
- Oversee CPC and CPA digital marketing campaigns on job aggregator websites through daily reporting, management of API job feeds and tracking of key KPIs in order to drive traffic and applications to external job postings in both the US and Canada.
- Continuously explore new technologies, make recommendations for improvements, and implement new strategies
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills to give leadership visibility into marketing efforts, successes and challenges
- Analytical and data obsessed to drive continuous improvement, optimize a team’s approach and company forecast
- Autonomous, results-driven, creative thinker, with strong leadership skills
- Excellent understanding of the full modern marketing mix, up-to-date with trends and best practices
- Strong knowledge of online media channels including programmatic display/video, paid search, social, email, and affiliate marketing
- Able to adapt quickly to frequently changing business objectives
- Proficient in Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, and third party Ad Management platform Marin or Kenshoo
- Knowledge of the broader digital marketing landscape, marketing pipeline, analytics, and automation
- Strong analytical/reporting skills and data-driven thinking
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - both phone and email
- Experience with managing digital B2C demand generation
- Digital Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Contextual Advertising
- Online Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization