At Circle K, our mission is to be the best and most convenient place to shop, and work. Our stores are known around the world for offering busy consumers a wide variety of quality products and services in a fast, friendly, and clean environment. We strive to be the world’s preferred destination for convenience and fuel. As a Store Manager at Circle K, you will be focused on driving results and engaging a small team!
I bet you want to know more about the Store Manager position!
Leadership skills are essential: You must have the ability to supervise and train the store staff.
We are in the people business: Having a positive attitude and being able to work with others are secrets to our success.
Business acumen is a plus: Analyzing financial reports for opportunities will drive results in your store.
Efficiency is key: You will be working in a fast-paced environment. Stay productive and proactive!
We take pride in our operation: You will be responsible for maintaining the image of the store, which includes cash handling, cleaning, stocking, greeting customers and maintaining a professional demeanor.
Personal excellence is always great: Be the best and do the best you can each day! A desire to be coachable and professional will take you far!
What we offer you:
This role is full-time; 50 hours per week.
High School diploma or equivalent.
A vehicle is a big deal: You must possess a valid Driver’s License and have reliable transportation to and from the store during shift hours.
Open availability is a requirement: Most stores are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You must be able to work first, second or third shift.
Ability to communicate in English (spoken and in writing).
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
We want to talk to you!
If working at Circle K sounds great, then what are you waiting for! We want to learn more about you! Tell us more about yourself by applying now!
- Perform store cleaning regularly to insure store
- Establishing and maintaining the store merchandising standards and store appearance
- Arrange and display store merchandising
- Communicate store goals to all employees
- Manage store merchandise and layout to align with store merchandising plans
- Evaluate all store employee performance
- Analyze new store and non-comp store performance at the total store and product level
- Achieve store standards and goals
- Reach and exceed store goals
- Ensure profitability of store operations
- Achieving sales and other store financial goals
- Oversee recruitment and hiring of store staff
- Train and develop store associates
- Achieve overall store sales goals and service objectives
- Direct all managers and store associates
- Prepare a store layout and effectively conduct store inventory and cycle
- Manage the retail store and develop sales and marketing operations for assigned store
- Manage the store and employees to ensure all store sales goals are met or exceeded
- Manage retail sales from the outlet store
- Coordinate all store opening and closing activities