*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATED CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
Are you looking for a fantastic job on the high seas? Apply to live and work on Norwegian Cruise Line M/S Pride of America which has a year-round Hawaiian itinerary. Inaugurated in 2005, the Pride of America is the only large passenger URL blocked - click to apply vessel. To take a 360 virtual tour of the ship, click here: URL blocked - click to apply
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintain the ship’s Fire/Security/Safety Patrol Route during times as directed by the Security Officer.
- Be alert of any indication of fire, and investigate immediately if any causes for concern.
- Make sure all emergency exits are free of obstructions.
- Report unsafe conditions. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience working as a security guard is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required. Candidates must take the Marlins English Computer Test and score a minimum of 75%; they must also be submit to a Test of Spoken English and achieve a minimum designation of “Intermediate Level”.
• Minimum high school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- Have a positive hospitality attitude and a smiling face
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Clear Background
Certified First Responder