To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2400 Commerce Ave Bldg 1100
- Sandra Panarello
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Engineer Hardware
AGS, LLC • Houston, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AGS is currently looking for an Electrical Hardware Engineer in the Duluth, GA location.
AGS is a leading supplier of innovative video slot machines and systems for the global casino gaming industry. Our goal is to create superior casino gaming products which elevate the player experience to new levels and maximize profits for our customers. With a commitment to quality and excellence in every step of the process, we design, manufacture and market a dynamic portfolio of video reel slots, wide area and multi-level progressives, video lottery terminals and slot management systems. We develop content and technologies specific to the needs of each of the markets that we serve, including Native American and commercial gaming markets in the US, the growing Mexican gaming market, and select international jurisdictions.
If you are looking for the opportunity to take your career to the next level and have experience as an Electric Engineer with hardware and consumer products, we would like to speak with you!
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for working within detailed design and sustaining areas of product development. The ideal candidate should thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment while supporting concurrent development activities. This position also requires experience with a roadmap driven product portfolio.
- Champion conceptual and detailed-design areas of product development
- Support sustainable engineering using issue lists, failure analysis reports and lifecycle databases
- Support a nimble, roadmap-driven, concurrent development environment
- Advise, approve and represent AGS for all slot product hardware system electronics
- Work closely with gaming OEM component suppliers for releases of new peripherals
- Design systems and components driven by conceptual architected requirements including printed circuit board assemblies and harnesses
- Interpret and support existing and legacy AGS product designs
- Establish and maintain requirements for OEM logic, computer, controller, and media components
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers for fit, form, assembly, and environmental constraints of electronic components
- Work together with Software, Firmware, System Engineers, and Game Designers for development of programming and control functions of electronics systems and components
- Collaborate with safety and gaming jurisdiction labs for production release of developed products
- Support and advise the Operations team for selection and qualification of electronic contract manufacturers and component suppliers
- Support and advise the Operations team for component sourcing and qualification
- Create manufacturing release documents of electronic components and harnesses
- Work in partnership with Sourcing to coordinate prototype and pilot build orders for new products
- Work together with Manufacturing to define manufacturing procedures and processes
- Collaborate with Field Service technicians for implementing field retrofits
- Stay up to date with component manufacturer’s roadmaps and coordinate AGS product changes in response to end-of-life notices
- Provide guidance to technical writers for authoring of instruction manuals and technical specifications
- Develop documentation for design, test, assembly and integration of electronic components and systems
- Provide sustaining product support for AGS International locations, travel throughout North America is expected
- Occasional travel to Asia for supplier visits and domestic travel for production required
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years public or consumer product design (electrical or system) experience
- Experience with gaming or other consumer or public-use human-interface products
- Travel- domestic and occasional to Asia.
- Strong problem-solving and leadership skills with a sense of urgency
- Experience with design or selection of computing and logic related hardware devices including but not limited to motherboards, peripheral controllers, processors, solid-state memory devices, on-board programmable devices, sensors, ID devices, etc.
- Experience with power supply selection and design
- Experience with communication and feedback protocols (USB and serial) among and within system components
- Familiarity with Intel and AMD processor portfolios, product roadmaps, device capabilities.
- Experience with OrCAD or Altium ECAD development and simulation board design software
- Experience with designing and administering test methods and equipment for validating prototypes
- Experience with authoring electronics specifications, manufacturing, assembly, and use documentation
- Experience with design and management for market jurisdiction compliance
- Experience with nationally-recognized safety lab submissions (UL or ETL CE)
- Experience with human interface devices including but not limited to flat panel displays, touch screens, buttons, cameras, sensors, etc.
- Experience with MS SharePoint
- Existing relationships with Intel or AMD product reps preferred
- Member of a national electrical engineering professional society