Michael Baker International is a leading provider of engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. The firm offers a comprehensive range of innovative services and solutions in support of federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private development and commercial clients. Michael Baker International’s focus is on the safety and security of people across the world through planning and engineering improvements to infrastructure and the environment, and through protection of our quality of life and freedom in support of national and international security. With more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Michael Baker International has more than 5,000 employees in over 80 offices located across the U.S. and internationally, and is ranked as the 26th largest design firm in the U.S. by Engineering News Record (ENR). Michael Baker International’s Mission is to make a difference by providing innovative solutions to sustain the future and further the safety, security and quality of life for people across the globe by providing the highest level of expertise, unmatched quality and effective project teams for a diverse range of projects and clients. Michael Baker International offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakerintl.com . Michael Baker International is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran/e-Verify Employer WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
BRIDGE PRACTICE DESCRIPTION
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
The Bridge/Tunnel Inspection Team Leader will manage the planning, inspection and safety evaluations of state and locally owned bridges and assist in preparing inspection reports. The team leader should possess NBIS certification with 4 to 6 years of complex bridge safety inspection experience and/or tunnel inspection experience.
- Work closely with the New England team to coordinate and perform inspections, evaluate bridge and tunnel conditions and write reports, identify maintenance needs, properly code the structure inspections in I-forms, load rating analysis, meet with clients to advise of priority maintenance items, and to ensure timely submission of inspection documents.
- Assist Project Manager with PM tasks, attendance at client meetings and leadership based assignments
- Oversee inspection assistants, coordinate traffic control sub-contractors, schedule man-lifts and under-bridge cranes for inspections.
- Use hand tools, ladders, under-bridge cranes and other equipment necessary for proper evaluation of bridges.
- Travel is required to perform the inspections, with an occasional overnight stay, but the majority of the work days involves working in an office setting with other inspectors and engineering professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with structural emphasis
- 8+ years of engineering experience with 4-6 years of related inspection work
- Hold a Rhode Island Professional Engineer (PE) License, or the ability to obtain within six months through reciprocity
- NBIS Certified Bridge Safety inspector
- Bridge Load Rating Experience
- NHI Tunnel Safety Inspection Certification is desired, but not required.
- Familiar with structural design software and AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- Fracture Critical inspection experience a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.