To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Paralegal Specialist / Legal Assistant Opportunities
United States Army • Chico, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Some of the most important and exciting careers in the country are performed by U.S. Army Soldiers. Whether it’s working with computers to assisting physicians to fixing helicopters, there’s an Army job that’s right for you. See for yourself the long list of job and leadership training opportunities that give you the skills and strength to succeed in the Army—and in life.
A Paralegal Specialist is an integral part of the Army's legal system. They assist judges, Army lawyers and unit commanders with legal matters and judicial work. The Paralegal Specialist provides legal and administrative support in such diverse areas as criminal law, family law, international law, contract law, and fiscal law. Paralegals are also involved in defense and judicial legal services as well as operational and foreign law.
As a Paralegal Specialist, you’ll learn the following skills:
- Legal terminology and research techniques
- How to prepare legal documents
- Summarize transcription of legal actions
- Army judicial process
- Interviewing witnesses
Some of your duties as a paralegal Specialist may include:
- Provide preliminary paralegal and administrative support to unit commanders and staff and coordinates paralegal actions with the supervising Office of the Staff Judge Advocate
- Prepare and process legal documents in support of courts-martial, non-judicial punishment, and other military justice matters
- Prepare line of duty determinations, separation board proceedings, and other administrative law matters
- Provide Paralegal assistance services in the family law arena including powers of attorney, wills, and separation decrees
- Prepare claims processing and investigations
- Supervise the operation of a section in a command or installation paralegal office
- Provide technical guidance to subordinates
- Maintain law/administrative library and section files and records
- Monitor and review actions to ensure accuracy and timely dispatch or disposition
The training and skills you receive in the Army can prepare you for a civilian career with private law firms, banks, insurance companies, government agencies and local, state and federal courts. You are also able to earn certifications and licensures for civilian jobs.
The training and salary you get are only some of the ways the Army strengthens you for tomorrow. The Army also offers:
- Comprehensive health care (medical and dental)
- Generous vacation time (30 days annually)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Family services and support groups
- Special pay for special duties
- Cash allowances to cover the cost of living
You may also be eligible for:
- Enlistment bonuses totaling up to $40,000
- Up to $81,756 for college
- Up to $65,000 to repay qualifying student loans
- Up to $4,500 a year tuition assistance while serving
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- 17–35 years old
- Healthy and in good physical condition
- In good moral standing
- High School or equivalent education
- Enlistment in the U.S. Army
- Typing speed of 25 words per minute
(related keywords: Law, legal, legal assistant, clerk, paralegal assistants, court clerks, recorder, legal specialist, private law firm, government agency, local court, state court, federal court, typing, speech, criminal law, family law, international law, contract law, and fiscal law, defense, judicial legal services, operational law, foreign law.)