EMKS is currently seeking full-time Athletic Trainers to join our team at Waterton, NY Fort Drum . As an employee of our team, you will have the opportunity to function on optimizing Soldier Readiness and performance with the Army's new Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The Athletic Trainer will be assigned specifically to designated units at the BDE, battalion (BN), or company (CO) level. The Athletic Trainer's services may be provided in the following locations: fitness centers/gyms, BDE/BN/CO or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and at the Soldier Performance Readiness Center (SPRC). The work includes providing forward musculoskeletal (MSK) care, early medical intervention, injury prevention (IP), and performance optimization services. Any medical treatment provided by the Athletic Trainer is subject to the supervision of a privileged government healthcare provider. The location for the performance of duty is under the control and direction of the resourced unit BDE Commander in coordination with the Installation ACOR.
The primary focus of this position is to optimize individual and unit physical readiness and ability to perform warrior tasks and battle drills required for the BDE's mission. Physical readiness is defined as availability for deployment and task-specific performance. The Athletic Trainer will work as part of the Holistic Health and Fitness Performance Team to develop a comprehensive, periodized education and services program integrated and synchronized with the battalion (BN) training calendar. Success is determined by the ability of the BDE to perform its combat mission.
The Holistic Health and Fitness concept is vastly different from a clinical setting. The Athletic Trainer will be embedded at the BDE level. Most work will be performed in a military training environment (i.e., fitness centers/gyms, BDE/BN/CO or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and at the SPRC). The Athletic Trainer shall not be deployed outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) or to support long-duration training events in remote locations such as the National Training Center (NTC)/Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC). The Athletic Trainer will be required to observe BDE and below (i.e., BN, CO, platoon, squad, team) specific training events (e.g., shooting range, obstacle courses, combatives training areas). The Athletic Trainer must be physically able to hike austere environments and terrain (i.e., rocky, no running water, no shelter, no bathroom, no climate control, inclement weather, loud, smoky) while carrying their own backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (<20% of the time). Providing forward MSK care in the training environment, outside of the clinical setting, minimizes lost training time and ensures early identification of injuries.
Well-trained, combat-ready Soldiers are best produced by allocating healthcare assets that facilitate the early identification and management of MSK injuries, prevention of injuries, and optimization of physical performance.
· Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Passing score from the BOC for the Athletic Trainer. National Provider Identifier (NPI).
· Unrestricted state license/registration/certification in any of the 49 regulated states, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the US Virgin Islands to provide health care within the scope of practice for Athletic Trainers per state practice acts.
· Two years of relevant Athletic Training work experience within the last three years. Experience working with active populations (e.g., military, high school, collegiate, professional sports, performing arts, occupational health).
· US citizenship.
· Current physical and immunizations.
· Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
Work Location/Hours & Physical Requirements:
· Physical Requirements: The environment is fast-paced and multifaceted, with conditions and duties that can change quickly throughout a shift.
· Hours of Performance: The Contractor shall be responsible for conducting business Monday through Friday, except federal holidays or when the Government facility is closed due to local or national emergencies, administrative closings, or similar Government-directed facility closings. The Contractor shall at all times maintain an adequate workforce for the uninterrupted performance of all tasks defined within this PWS when the Government facility is not closed for the above reasons. The Contractor shall provide services as scheduled, which may occur outside of normal hours of operation and on weekends due to varying BDE schedules and location.
· Scheduling: Schedules are subject to change due to training events/schedules, exodus, holidays, and unexpected events. Some workdays may be less or greater than eight hours. The Athletic Trainers are expected to work a 40-hour workweek and/or 80-hours within a two-week time period to accommodate training schedules. No overtime payment is authorized. Hours worked begin at the first place of duty for the day and end at the last place of duty for the day.
· Previous experience working with the military population.
EM Key Solutions (EMKS) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) offering a broad range of services to support Federal Government enterprises in meeting their mission requirements and business demands. EMKS is an IT solutions and management consulting services provider supporting the Federal Government. EMKS has proven performance in Requirements Management; Software Development & Maintenance; Systems Integration; Software Testing Services; Web & SharePoint Development; E-Learning - Instructional Design & Delivery; Medical Modeling & Simulation; Theater Systems Support, Systems Training, and Management Consulting Services.
EMKS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining qualified and talented individuals, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our strategy and philosophy are to inspire, energize, and empower employees. We use E-Verify to validate employees' ability to work legally in the United States.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.
The primary focus of this position is to optimize individual and unit physical readiness and ability to perform warrior tasks and battle drills required for the BDE's mission. Physical readiness is defined as availability for deployment and task-specific performance. The Athletic Trainer will work as part of the Holistic Health and Fitness Performance Team to develop a comprehensive, periodized education and services program integrated and synchronized with the battalion (BN) training calendar. Success is determined by the ability of the BDE to perform its combat mission. sessions
- Clinical Works
- Drilling Operations
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Injury Prevention