To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2600 Professional Drive
Okemos, MI 48864
- Terri Love
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ProAssurance Corp • Okemos, MI
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
An exciting opportunity exists to join ProAssurance, a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With over 950 employees operations in 40 states, the company is well positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
We are currently searching for a Desktop Engineer in our Franklin, TN and Okemos, MI office. The primary responsibility of the Intermediate Desktop Engineer is to serve as the main point of contact for users ensuring sufficient coverage at all times for Cisco Automated Call Distributor (ACD) queue, voicemail activity and web ticket submissions. This position requires a strong focus on customer support and satisfaction as well as attention to detail in documentation and processes. This position will focus on tier one end user support.
Job Duties include:
- Providing tier one support to end users including but not limited to workstations, proprietary and desktop applications, printers, mobile devices, and A/V equipment or software
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Receive assistance from senior engineers for completion of more complex issues.
- Collaborate with Help Desk peers or other Information Services teams such as systems engineers, software systems engineering and/or applications developments to support various environments including but not limited to, Active Directory, Windows, Apple and Citrix.
- Record and categorize all Help Desk incidents or request interactions accurately in the tracking system. Document, in detail, to facilitate knowledge transfer to Help Desk and Information Services team members. This includes but is not limited to incidents, problems, and knowledge-base articles. Create, update, and assists with retirement of knowledge-base articles regarding Desktop Support working procedures.
- Utilize basic understanding of current desktop technologies as well as capability to research and escalate complex issues to management, senior Desktop Engineering team members, or other Information Services personnel, as required.
- Uphold the security, integrity and reliability to desktop systems by performing client systems routine maintenance or updates, as requested.
- Schedule install of new hardware or software and/or existing workstation revisions with user. This includes imaging utilizing SCCM and actively exercising inventory and purchasing controls as per process.
- Assist with execution of technical projects and/or Audit remediation as requested by management
- Participate in After Hours On-Call rotation
- Continual training curriculum provided by Human Resources
- Perform routine duties or assignments as directed
- Associate's Degree and two to five years of relevant work experience or Bachelor's Degree associated with Information Technology and one to three years' relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of different Microsoft Operating systems including Windows 7 and 10. Valid MCP certification preferred
- Exposure to Active Directory
- Must have a fundamental understanding of software and hardware and/or other technical equipment, valid A+ certification preferred
- Must have rudimentary networking knowledge including ports and protocols, valid Networks+ certification preferred, knowledge of Cisco systems
- Professional and courteous when communicating with internal or external customers ensuring expectations are established and users are kept informed of progress and/or resolution; this includes management, peers and end users
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Under minimal supervision, prioritizes user issues and utilizes time management skills to resolve issues within predefined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or direction to triage, and remediate first tier technical hardware and/or software issues ensuring standard Desktop Support procedures are followed
- Ability to learn quickly, apply knowledge, and remain open and adaptable to change of new challenges for growth
- Must be a self-motivated team player
- Some travel may be required