SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. We are constantly looking beyond customers’ and society’s expectations to deliver market leading services wherever they are needed.
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager capable of selling our portfolio of Engine and Vehicle testing services.
Looking for an intelligent, professional, customer savvy hunter capable of hitting the ground running.
● Proactivily lead sales and Business Development activity for assigned market/testing type/geography.
● Achieve monthly / quarterly and annual sales targets by actively creating new opportunities, expanding existing customer relationships and closing business.
● Identify new business opportunities by contacting potential customers, developing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships, discovering new opportunities and positioning our testing services.
● Manage schedule/calendar to maximize time spent when on road; Travel to client locations, meeting with prospects and participation in trade shows / industry meetings both inside and outside of normal business hours.
● Ensure KPI’s are consistently met (number of new/existing contacts, face to face meetings, presentations, proposal preparations, contact reports, account plans, event participation, etc.)
● Develop and deliver bespoke presentations and proposals based on customer specification / requirements.
● Work internally with a cross functional team (as needed) to develop and quote opportunities that meet the customer needs in order to deliver a professional proposal in a quick time frame.
● Quickly respond to inquiries and leads, documenting progress through all stages of the sales cycle.
● Proactively develop and manage a growing sales pipeline, working closely with management to ensure the opportunity levels are sufficient to meet sales goals.
● Central point of contact for the customer maintaining an open line of communication allowing customers an opportunity to inform you of any issues that may influence satisfaction.
● Investigate concerns, develop solutions and make recommendations to management on how to best exceed customer expectations.
● Ensure test procedures are communicated promptly and correctly, and tests start on time. May lead or coordinate test programs based on need.
● Protect company integrity by maintaining confidentiality throughout frequent client discussions and communications
● Participate in professional associations, trade shows and other networking activities that elevate SGS profile; identify industry trends by researching sector publications and discussing potential needs with customers. Feedback findings to operations management and recommend potential new products and services.
● Prepare and deliver technical presentations for professional industry events.
● Maintain knowledge of the SGS Group network and services, seek out and recommend synergistic opportunities whenever possible.
Travel 50%: This position requires frequent local travel with occasional overnight and out of town travel.
● Degree in an applicable Technical/Engineering discipline or demonstrated experience / professional equivalent.
● Five or more years’ experience in a technical sales capacity developing new business
● Previous experience in applicable testing services
● High level of autonomy – able to manage schedule / time
● Quick learner and self-starter with strong follow up skills
● Established network of industry contacts
● Highly organized
● Must have a technical aptitude, willingness to be proactive and learn new technologies
● Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
● Excellent presentation skills
● Strong written and proof-reading skills, pays attention to detail
● Goal oriented
● Diplomatic – non confrontational
● Customer focused with strong networking skills
● Willing and able to work extended hours as required to complete proposals and close deals
● Comfortable working in a Microsoft environment utilizing outlook email and other necessary corporate business programs. High level of competency with Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel