Do you have an extreme commitment to safety?
Are you a hard-working leader that never settles for less than superior quality?
Do you prefer to manage the construction process from outside the trailer?
If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting, long-term career opportunity for you!!
Ferrandino & Son is a National Leading Provider of Exterior Maintenance, Facility Maintenance, HVAC, Lighting and Painting Services. Ferrandino & Son’s team-based solutions approach and industry best practices enable us to proactively manage every project and deliver the service within budget and exceed our client’s expectations for quality. We take a proactive by focusing on Communication with our clients to ensure that there are not any surprises. With multiple Operation Centers, Field Operations Staff and Dedicated Account Teams, we offer our clients the type of account management which provides consistent and reliable service.
Continued company growth has created the need for a full time Construction Superintendent to oversee light construction and aesthetic remodels for a small box retailer. We provide our superintendents with the necessary support and resources to excel in their role and make sure all projects are completed to the highest standard. The Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including subcontractors and laborers/craft workers. The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills. They must also have strong client service skills and an understanding of all the trades associated with commercial interior construction and high-end renovation projects.
This position requires extensive travel with regular overnight and weekend work. Candidates who are not able to travel on a weekly basis need not apply
• Candidate must be based within a 1-hour drive of a major airport.
• Must have a Valid Driver’s License
• Medium physical requirements including the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Superintendent, preferably in interior, high-end commercial general contracting
• Must have a proven record of managing complex projects in occupied spaces
• Capable of managing/coordinating multiple quick turnaround projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications
• Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Microsoft Project and Procore (preferred but not required
• Must pass pre-employment Medical and Background Screening
• Previous experience with retail remodels is a plus, however not mandatory.
This position is a full-time exempt position with benefits including, medical, dental and vision plans, paid vacation, participation in the company 401K program, and paid holidays. All travels expenses paid with a daily per diem.
• Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control, housekeeping, and daily log
• Provide guidance, leadership and direct supervision of site staff, including assistant superintendents, laborers and other construction related personnel
• Management of schedule, including weekly preparation of 2-week look ahead
• Proactively schedule and coordinate all subcontractors to ensure completion of the project in accordance with the project schedule and to ensure that no additional costs are required for completion of work
• Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, and inspections
• Ensure assigned jobsite operations follow design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards
• Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
• Work in partnership with project management to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
• Run weekly meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings
• Manage the RFI process; consisting of the creation of and suggestions on solutions to site issues and tracking them through close out
• Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture
• Continuously promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team
• Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner
• Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manage