HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a growing, employee-owned environmental consulting firm, is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist to join our Southern California team. HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological, cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors.
The Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist responsibilities will include: preparation and processing of Clean Water Act and California Fish and Game Code permit applications; leading federal and state Endangered Species Act consultations and permitting; representing clients in meetings and phone calls with regulatory permitting agencies; developing and negotiating mitigation strategies; tracking schedules and budgets; interfacing with biologists, GIS specialists and other environmental technical experts regarding biological studies and permit processing; and managing project contracts. The position will also require business development, preparation of proposals and related marketing support, and management of multidisciplinary teams of biologists and other consultants. Production of high-quality work products and the provision of excellent client service are mandatory.
Candidates must have the ability to manage the permit processes on multiple projects, work well with others on teams; and be able to complete projects on schedule and within budget. Candidates must have strong client and agency relationships, and must have the technical expertise, enthusiasm, and persistence to effectively manage environmental permitting processes.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. Our employees describe us as Client-focused, Caring, Team-oriented, Focused on Integrity and Flexible. In addition to our competitive benefit package, we have robust, award-winning wellness and community volunteer programs, company-sponsored parties and much more. We are excited to meet you!
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.
- Support regulatory compliance and submissions
- Filing documents related to regulatory submissions
- Ensure compliance to existing regulatory submissions
- Preparing regulatory documents and/or submissions
- Submit regulatory applications and internal regulatory file documentation
- Verify compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assure compliance of regulatory files
- Providing regulatory and compliance guidance
- Prepare submissions and reports for regulatory agencies
- Ensure compliance to regulatory standards
- Support and ensure regulatory compliance
- Discuss regulatory issues and submission requirements
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Assisting regulatory team in developing regulatory strategy to ensure high quality and on-time regulatory submissions
- Maintain regulatory records for regulatory activities and applications
- Prepare regulatory document submissions and timely submit
- Review of regulatory quality documents
- Compile and maintain appropriate technical documents for regulatory submissions
- Assure global regulatory compliance of company products