At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Position Description Summary:
Primarily responsible for the movement of trailers on the yard in and out of doors, sealing trailers, and keeping the yard orderly.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Preventative maintenance of the yard truck.
* Maintains radio or telephone contact
* Moves trailers in and out of the docks in a timely manner.
* Must maintain the yard tractor and warehouse in an organized and clean manner to ensure safety and good manufacturing processes.
* Interact with warehouse team members to maximize output and efficiency.
* Inspect truck and trailer equipment to ensure road worthiness and notifies supervisor of current or anticipated repairs
* Load trucks as needed
* Use RF Computer System for Trailer Inventory Control
* Perform all functions of a Warehouse Associate
* All other duties as assigned.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Schedule is a rotating shift that includes every other weekend.
Pay is $24.75 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
*MUST HAVE A CURRENT CDL CLASS A DRIVER LICENSE TO BE CONSIDERED*
- Completing driver log and truck performance forms
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
- Operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
- Complete daily required truck inspection
- Deliver product or material by operating a tractor/trailer truck
- Provide safe operation of truck
Class A Cdl
Load & Unload