Position is in one of these metropolitan areas: Chicago, New York, Philadelphia or Salt Lake City.
This is a contract-for-hire opportunity...
Potential for partial remote work if living in a metropolitan area listed above.
We are seeking an experienced GMC Inspire Developer to help support innovative solutions for our client's markets. Responsibilities will include a heavy emphasis on development and support of internal applications that support manufacturing as well as generating Postscript and PDF files to drive variable digital print devices.
· 3-5 years of application development experience.
· A solid knowledge of GMC Inspire is required.
· Experience in print manufacturing environment is a plus.
· Experience with Post Script programming, SQL Server, C# and XML is a plus.
· Experience in developing GMC workflows using scripting and variable data inputs based on individual solution requirements.
· Desktop experience including PDF & Postscript manipulation skills are a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Excellent teamwork skills required.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks. Must be able to demonstrate application of skills and knowledge at the depth and scope required for the position. Must be able to apply learned functional job methodologies and processes in the completion of work assignments. Understand impact job has on the organization.
· Coding: With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Applies structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards, although some deviation from the standards may be expected for particular development efforts. Participates in code walkthroughs.
· Testing: Develops unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develops system test data and performs system tests. With limited direction, coordinate and conduct system stress tests on software. Assists quality assurance testing teams.
· Analysis/Design: Analyze moderately complex technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
· Technical Support: Researches and resolves moderately complex programming issues with immediate short-term solutions.
· Documentation: Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Prepare on-line help, FAQs, user guides and operational instruction manuals.
· Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
· Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
· Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
· Must be able to demonstrate a very good understanding of the information technology environment/infrastructure utilized for the job and be able to identify and resolve moderately complex challenges associated with the work. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards and how to apply this understanding to work projects and processes.
· Must have very good knowledge and understanding of the assigned information technology platform and make recommendations for improvements to the technology.
· Have very good understanding of information/data management concepts. Must be able to effectively analyze and solve complex work related problems. Able to interpret complex and detailed business specifications and make suggestions that provide workable solutions to development project of moderate complexity.
· Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
· Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.