ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS! Are you looking for an opportunity to work in NORTH DAKOTA? Can you work with production to solve issues relating to coach / touring bus production? Can you read prints and engineering drawings to do troubleshooting and installation of new electrical and electronic equipment? If you would like to grow your career and be part of a successful leader in touring/coach bus production, then you could be what our client, a leader in their industry, is looking for in their next Electrical Engineer! This is an excellent opportunity with a very fast growing company that offers a very competitive compensation package, relocation assistance, and an excellent benefits package. If this is for you or someone you know, please forward a current resume to: URL blocked - click to apply
Electrical Engineer or Technologist (Electrical) works closely with and supports the production team and electricians by providing technical support on issues related to the coach build and improve the overall build process. Also, you will assist production planning, continuous improvements and root cause analysis, as well as participate in problem solving and continuous improvement events.
• Assists electricians and production with the first and subsequent builds of new electrical systems or revisions to existing systems.
• Perform extensive troubleshooting of malfunctions, using complex electrical and electronic equipment.
• Install new equipment and instrumentation, performing all final adjustments and calibrations to place the system into operation.
• Provides point of use routing and the assembly sequence for all components through the subassembly and coach assembly line.
• Prepares proposed design changes or revisions to correct design issues.
• Review technical drawings and project documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy and quality of control engineering designs.
• Continually identifies, suggests and implements studies and reports to prevent repetitive malfunctions and to reduce the overall cost of the coach.
• Review, calibrate and adjust a wide variety of electrical equipment.
• Researches the latest technology and manufacturing practices or identifies improvements to current practices/processes and introduces these into production.
• Attends Problem solving meetings where a cross functional team will review given areas and make marked improvements in process.
• Prepares documentation for production as needed to ensure coaches are built per coach design and customer requirements (procedures, work instructions, visual aids, etc.).
• Participate in lean and six sigma manufacturing initiatives as they relate to site as assigned such as 5S, value stream mapping etc.
Required Skills and Experience
• Certified Electrical Engineer/ Engineering Technologist or equivalent of education and/or experience.
• 1 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting preferable in transportation, automotive or bus industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electrical standards.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and documentation (e.g. blue prints) and to use Microsoft Office and Windows, etc.
RELOCATION EXPENSES CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF BY CLIENT FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE!
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance