To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pueblo, CO
- Tara Zingler
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Information Systems Security Officer
MAXIMUS • Pueblo, CO
Posted 1 month ago
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a Site Security Officer to join our 2020 CQA Human Capital team. The Site Security Officer will Support the HIT Infrastructure & Operations Divisions Network Security Operations Branch in the area of Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM).
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
- Secure Network Approval Process (SNAP) Information Assurance (IA) expertise to document the actual and or planned usage of circuits in relation to DoD boundaries and system architectures.
- Have an understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation artifacts.
- Have knowledge in Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Compliance Reporting.
- Have an understanding of networking and DoD IA policies, and be capable of applying them to a centrally-managed worldwide network.
- Capable of communicating security risks clearly and concisely via Vulnerability Assessments Reports (VARs), and should have an understanding of DoD networks and perimeter defense tech.
- Work independently to ensure that planned network solutions based on customer requirements are secured in accordance with DoD policies.
- Work independently to provide security consulting services to other network engineers and customers.
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls; gather client requirements; help identify and qualify opportunities from a technical perspective; gather information on client’s environment; white board/scope potential solutions; and recommend technical solutions.
- Gather client requirements and data which may include site surveys, system evaluations and get-well plans, system analysis, security analysis, and assessment of client network topology.
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of Certification & Accreditation (C&A) documentation from DIACAP and RMF accreditation program.Education/Certification Requirements:
- Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- In accordance with contractual requirements: Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Background Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with compliance in a NIST SP800-53 and RMF required.
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience with cloud architecture.
- Typically requires an advanced technical degree and a minimum of 12 years in progressively responsible positions.
- Individual contributor who oversees large, technically complex projects.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Position is recognized as a subject matter expert within a particular discipline.
- Some barriers to entry exist at this level (Sr Executive approval).
- Knowledgeable of emerging trends and may contribute to and influence best practices within discipline.